Help me understand the BCG "SeedPoint" rules

Mechanic

Skilled
Hi guys
after trying for a long time, i finally got into BlackCats-Games
but i need to understand the SeedPoint rules fully so that nothing goes wrong

my previous account was disabled due to inactivity:ashamed:(had a freak accident)
i won't let it happen this time :hap5: no not again

so please help
what are the do's and dont's for a newbie like me?

Cheerios Amigos:cool2:

What's so complicated about them ? On the main page click INFO > SP FAQ > Click SP FAQ for newbies.

All you need to do is read the points. I have till date not read the whole thing,coz it doesnt matter for those who faithfully try to seed back.

Just download something,dont delete it.Keep it on your hardrive for a month atleast,let it seed.Dont overthink about it.

i read the faq but still didn't understand the seedpoint exception for Recycled torrents

or why a new user can't or shouldn't DL a Recycled torrent on his first DL on the site

sorry i can't seem to find the page

but i did read it yesterday in FAQ maybe

it was written in red that this is due to a glitch in the tracker

if someone DLs a Recycled torrent first, his stats are updated only with his DL amount and given an immediate H&R

^ Are you sure what you read is new info? and not some old outdated thread.

Recycled Torrents:

These are download free. they also have the 20:1 ratio removed, and have 0 wait time, whatever the size.

If you download one of these, and you get SP on it to cost, the download you done, gets taken off your ratio, but you keep whatever you uploaded (you do not get the SP upload, just whatever you physically uploaded). The download is still on the actual torrent in your history, for your achievement table, but it does come off your ratio.

If you upload properly over the 1:1, then the download Does Not

come off your ratio.

I would just like to add, why we came up with this system (even though they will all be self explanatory)

These are in no particular order.

Crazy shit man.BCG folks are obsessed with points,seeding points,points,points and some more points.They keep on updating,changing,enhancing their seeding points and what not points system every other day.When I first became a member of that site I was shocked to see this bizarre obsession of theirs towards this so called point system.

So I say it again,dont mess your mind with the bcg's sp system.Keep it simple.Since you are a new user,I would suggest go slow.Download something (upto 20GB without the fear of ratio kicking in) and keep it seeding for few days,about a week.Get 1:1 ratios on all the torrents via actual seeding or via SP and you are good to go.

seriously there are so many clauses and subclauses and exceptions to their Seedpoint Rules,

i felt like reading Indian Constitution or something :|

i managed to find games here that i didn't find on the noid,

so i guess these guys have a pretty big-a$$ library,

but the rules like "wait 72 HRs to get SP","Ratio should be more than 20:1 " are maddening to say the least

SeedPoint FAQ said:
Why do I have more Seed Points than the torrent Cost?

This will always happen when you have reached the torrent Cost, but the torrent is no longer eligible for Seed Points. In this case, you will have to keep seeding the torrent until it becomes eligible one last time, so you receive your credits

this is an example of absurdity,

they could have kept it a bit simple IMO

but then again it is the best at what it does, confuse

Indian_samosa said:
So I say it again,dont mess your mind with the bcg's sp system.Keep it simple.Since you are a new user,I would suggest go slow.Download something (upto 20GB without the fear of ratio kicking in) and keep it seeding for few days,about a week.Get 1:1 ratios on all the torrents via actual seeding or via SP and you are good to go.

yeah i guess i should follow your advice

indian_samosa said:
where is it written regd the recycled torrents? Can you please send me a link to that page or statement.

hi indian samosa

i finally found the page while i was trolling around in the BCG forums

BCG said:
***IMPORTANT: Your first torrent on this site should NOT be a recycled torrent. There is still a bug which results in your account being leechwarned and thus you can't do anything afterwards with your account anymore until it gets deleted after 4 weeks.***

i don't know whether i am allowed to post the link here

so

BCForums>SiteSpecific>GlobalAnnouncements-----check the "Recycled/Free DL" thread

Didn't i said the SP system is pathetic in BCG thats the reason why i only get exclusive from BCG

Back