Budget 31-40k Help need for i7 Rig.

Hi,

I want to upgrade my system.Mostly using 3D application Maya,ZBrush,Photoshop etc.

My current config. is-

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-880GM-USB3 AM3+ AMD 880G USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Graphics nvidia geforce gt 610 2gb
HD 500 gb hd
Power Supply Cooler Master Thunder 600W
Ram gskill 2gbx2 = 4gb transcend.

My new config which going is:.How much it cost?

Processor Intel Core i7 3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz or There is any other option in i7 series which cost lower than 3770k?
Motherboard Intel B75
Graphics NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650 1GB
Ram 8GB(Which is best for this config).

But before going for same,could anyone clear my following points?

There is any diff btw 3770k and 3770. Or .
Can I use my previous power supply?Or I need other.
Which is better shop in Lamigton which will gives good products?
How much I will get for my old config?

Thanks,
Bhushan.

Supposing that you already have Monitor, HDD, Optical Drive, etc.

First of all with configuration it is going to cost you at least above 40000 INR for just a limited upgrade.
There is any diff btw 3770k and 3770
Now coming to the difference between 3770 and 3770k, the i7 3770k is for overclockers who want to juice out more from their system.

600W PSU should be enough for this system.
And choose a good board and not combo kits with intel boards. Go for ASRock or ASUS boards.

itspriyank: Thanks for reply.Sorry to mention I have Monitor, HDD, Optical Drive, etc.Could you please explain " not combo kits with intel boards ".

I think you have a good enough system right now,You should wait for Intel Haswell series to launch for upgrade.Either way it's your choice here are the component rates-
Intel i7 3770-18k
Gigabyte B75M D3H-4.5k
Gskill Ripjaws 2X4GB 1600mhz-3.3k
Seasonic S12ii 520W-3.9k
Nvidia GTX650Ti-10.5k
itspriyank: Thanks for reply.Sorry to mention I have Monitor, HDD, Optical Drive, etc.Could you please explain " not combo kits with intel boards ".

Many Computer peripheral vendors provide a combo set of processor and motherboard. In this combo set you get a processor of your choice like i7 3770K and an intel motherboard for around 24000, but the motherboard in that combo is not of a good quality. It even does not have enough space to install large size graphics card a and i7 processor with custom cooler. Choose a good mobo from ASRock or ASUS with LGA 1155 socket. If you want a configuration then tell me your budget and I will tell you.

Jakob:Hi thanks for reply and price update.

itspriyank:Thanks for reply.Please give me config which is suitable for i7 3770k (as I am a 3D Artist).Budget is around Rs.40000/-
Please quote on processoer,mobo,graphic (Nvidia prefer as I required for my work,lots of 3d plugin depend on Nvidia) and ram.If also need something else please tell me.
Power supply if need ,as u said my prv (Power Supply Cooler Master Thunder 600W ) is enough.

Thanks,
Bhushan

*warning : you will have to increase the budget*

Intel i7 3770K Rs. 20000
G.Skill RipJaws 1600 Mhz 2 X 4GB RAM. Get two 4 GB Sticks and not single 8 Gb stick. You will be able to dual channel them. Rs. 3400
Nvidia 660 ti 2GB DDR5 Rs. 20500+
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard Rs. 10000

Power supply will work good with this one also.
Total goes to 53900.
But you can sell your old system and get some monies from there to invest in this new one.
hope this helps :)

itspriyank:Again thanks for help.

Sorry I can't increase my budget,even Rs40000 is also too much for me.Also want to how much i get for my old system parts (anyone wants :) ?
Here is my config within Rs.35000/- hope so :)

Processor Intel Core i7 3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz = Rs.19500/-

Motherboard Asus P8B75-M LX or Asus P8B75-M LX plus similar B7s series best for i7 according to you.= Rs.5200 or 5300/-

Graphics NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650 1GB Rs.7300/-

Ram CORSAIR 8GB DDR3 Vengeance 240-Pin SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) or CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) + 1 = Rs.3450

Price I got from Lamington Road.Need any changes?

Thanks,
Bhushan.

First of all if you're not going to oveclock then the i7 3770K would go to waste,Even if you get the Asus B75 mobo the result would be the same.You'll have to get a good 12-14k Z77 Chipset to utilize the Intel i7 3770K performance.I'd recommend you to settle for i7 3770-18k OR i5 3450-11k with the Gigabyte B75 motherboard which will fit within your budget.The performance between two processors is not much,By settling for i7 3770 you'll extra money to add for a good gpu like Nvidia GTX650Ti-10k OR Nvidia Quadro 600-10k which will give you better output than GTX650 1GB,Cheers.
itspriyank:Again thanks for help.

Sorry I can't increase my budget,even Rs40000 is also too much for me.Also want to how much i get for my old system parts (anyone wants :) ?
Here is my config within Rs.35000/- hope so :)

Processor Intel Core i7 3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz = Rs.19500/-

Motherboard Asus P8B75-M LX or Asus P8B75-M LX plus similar B7s series best for i7 according to you.= Rs.5200 or 5300/-

Graphics NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650 1GB Rs.7300/-

Ram CORSAIR 8GB DDR3 Vengeance 240-Pin SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) or CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) + 1 = Rs.3450

Price I got from Lamington Road.Need any changes?

Thanks,
Bhushan.

One thing that I would surely suggest is to get a Asus DC2T 650 ti at least. Its about 2K costly but worth it as you would be able to get better core clock speed than normal GTX 650. And aslo buy two RAM sticks i.e 2 x 4GB, even though your motherboard does not support dual channeling the RAM's but still its a safeguard in future as if one got burnt by chance then you don't loose 8GB. Corsair RAM is good one.

With B75 chipset you can't overclock so go for 3770 instead of 3770k which will be 2k lesser in price.For the B75 chipset go for Gigabyte GA-B75-D3H this will support a hackintosh build in future.

With B75 chipset you can't overclock so go for 3770 instead of 3770k which will be 2k lesser in price.For the B75 chipset go for Gigabyte GA-B75-D3H this will support a hackintosh build in future.

minus 1 for that advice. If 3770k is in his budget then why should he go for a 3770. This processor (3770K) will serve him for a very very long time and he can in near future upgrade this mobo to a good one.

Even if both the processors are in 18-20k range doesn't mean OP should get i7 3770K,The uses of both processors are different,Are you suggesting that i7 3770 can't serve op for long time?,It's up to op if he really want to oc or not,Considering op budget and his work i don't think he's going to overclock the processor so he should stick to i7 3770+Gigabyte B75 mobo and get a good gpu and be done with it.
minus 1 for that advice. If 3770k is in his budget then why should he go for a 3770. This processor (3770K) will serve him for a very very long time and he can in near future upgrade this mobo to a good one.

Hey guy thanks for such information and help.

I think from ur discussion I will go with Z77 Chipset (min price) and also Nvidia GTX650Ti (any particular brand).
And could you please explain what is overlock?Frankly speaking don't know about this.

Thanks for ur support,
Bhushan.

I never said 3770 is not a long term investment, but the kind of job he is seeking from the processor oc will help him some time later. And SSD will be an additional buden for now as OP has a limited budget.

Hey....hey...hey. No one's ever clarified to OP what "Overclocking" really means - viz 3770K

Besides revving up your system (taking it to the 5th & 6th Gear) ....you can do 4.5; 5.2; 6.5 GHz & see amazing speed & performance - BUT FOR ALL THAT YOU NEED TO ALSO INVEST IN A SEPARATE AIR/WATER COOLER - add 2.5k to 7.5k for this. You will also shorten the life of the processor & if done incorrectly - then :bomb: - the processor BLOWS & all your money goes up in :akuma:

If you really want the i7 then stich to 3770 (cannot overclock). Or else as folks have said - your existing RIG is good enough for the next 6-8 months. Wait till Haswell comes out + save another 40K and then go for your UPGRADE to a really rocking system.

Cheers
Terry

Hey guys thanks for ur information.

I think I will wait for next Intel Haswell series (not arrange that much money),n meanwhile I can arrange more money for the Intel Haswell series.
But now how do I update my current system?Its need for 3D application Maya and ZBrush.
Change in ram and Graphic card can solve my problem?As my graphic card is too old n RAM frequency is low also (I think so).
So if this is case so which graphic card and ram suitable for my current system?

My current config. is-
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-880GM-USB3 AM3+ AMD 880G USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
HD 500 gb hd

Also attaching my CPUID image, please need ur advice.

CPU-Z.jpg

Thanks,
Bhushan.

Attachments

• CPUID.jpg
    CPUID.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 125
Change in ram and Graphic card can solve my problem?As my graphic card is too old n RAM frequency is low also (I think so).
So if this is case so which graphic card and ram suitable for my current system?

No need to change RAM now, as you will need new DDR4 sticks down the line. Also, which brand RAM do you have is it Transcend OR G.Skill?

Your graphic card is indeed archaic but replacing it now, serve no purpose. Swap the card when you go for the Haswell build and ideally wait for the AMD HD8*** series to debut before making a move.

I suggest that you replace your SMPS as soon as possible, the Thunder series is really poor quality stuff and might damage your components in the long term. Ideally swap it out for any of the following --
  • Seasonic S12II 620W
  • Corsair TX v2650W
  • Antec VP650W
Hope this helps, Cheerio!

I never said 3770 is not a long term investment, but the kind of job he is seeking from the processor oc will help him some time later. And SSD will be an additional buden for now as OP has a limited budget.

I agree but from my personal experience I have found people often confuse HDD bottle-necking with the processor being slow. And similar thing happens when people suddenly upgrade to an i7 from a much older processor and hdd to SSD. They tend to think oh the major difference was brought about by the i7 minimizing the part played by the SSDs.
I really feel at the moment, the OP should get an SSD which makes a decent upgrade and give much more usable performance.

I would not like to scare anyone from overclocking as it is not really rocket science. But it needs time to understand properly and implement it. Because a big mistake = total loss as warranty does not cover burning due to overclocking. Personally at the moment I do not find the time or need to overclock.

Back