PC Peripherals (HELP) Need Suggestions for Fans Orientation in Thermaltake Core P6

Mainak777

Disciple
Hi..I need some help with proper Fans Orientation for intake and exhaust in Thermaltake Core P6 Cabinet..

I have total 10 nos of 120 mm fans and an Anter Arctic Freezer II Liquid Cooler 360 top mounting..

Thanks in advance..

A picture of the cabinet would help.

Generally speaking, front-bottom-side intake and rear-top exhaust is the recommended orientation with a slight positive pressure on the inside.

Generally speaking, front-bottom-side intake and rear-top exhaust is the recommended orientation with a slight positive pressure on the inside.

This is the cabinet

If I use 9 fans for intake and 4 fans for exhaust the positive pressure inside the cabinet will be much more or it's should be good?

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    21 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Better keep the LC as side mounted and top and rear as exhaust.....i always prefer negative pressure so hot air can be replaced with fresh and cool air much fastly.

Better keep the LC as side mounted and top and rear as exhaust.....i always prefer negative pressure so hot air can be replaced with fresh and cool air much fastly.

Negetive pressure should run the pc cooler than possitive pressure but it will get more dusty fast.. won't it?

This is the cabinet

If I use 9 fans for intake and 4 fans for exhaust the positive pressure inside the cabinet will be much more or it's should be good?
You can mount 10 x 120mm or 140mm fans

So 3 x 120mm front fans pull in air
So 3 x 120mm side fans pull in air
So 3 x 120mm fans mounted onto the 360mil rad push air out (exhaust)
So 1 x 120mm rear fan push air out (exhaust)

So finally 6 x 120mm fans pull in air while 4 x 120mm fans push air out.

Keep in view the GPU 92mm fans which push air sideways by pulling air from within the cabinet gives much coverage for all components

For my Cougar MX 410 Mesh G RGB case which is compact but can house only ATX mobos

I am using 3 x 120mm RGB fans for front intake
1 x 120mm RGB fan for rear exhaust

I intend to add 2 x 120mm RGB/ non RGB fans for top exhaust

While I am using Deepcool AK400 Air Cooler with only 1 x 120mm fan as pull but intend to another for push pull setup.

This kind of setup creates great air flow for all the components including the mobos capacitors which normally uses mosfet coolers but they are not sufficient as I had problems before when using my PC for extended periods of time just for Gaming.

For you if you have E-ATX Case so no worries here.

You can mount 10 x 120mm or 140mm fans

So 3 x 120mm front fans pull in air
So 3 x 120mm side fans pull in air
So 3 x 120mm fans mounted onto the 360mil rad push air out (exhaust)
So 1 x 120mm rear fan push air out (exhaust)

So finally 6 x 120mm fans pull in air while 4 x 120mm fans push air out.

Keep in view the GPU 92mm fans which push air sideways by pulling air from within the cabinet gives much coverage for all components

For my Cougar MX 410 Mesh G RGB case which is compact but can house only ATX mobos

I am using 3 x 120mm RGB fans for front intake
1 x 120mm RGB fan for rear exhaust

I intend to add 2 x 120mm RGB/ non RGB fans for top exhaust

While I am using Deepcool AK400 Air Cooler with only 1 x 120mm fan as pull but intend to another for push pull setup.

This kind of setup creates great air flow for all the components including the mobos capacitors which normally uses mosfet coolers but they are not sufficient as I had problems before when using my PC for extended periods of time just for Gaming.

For you if you have E-ATX Case so no worries here.
What if I add 3 more fans for intake at bottom ?

What if I add 3 more fans for intake at bottom ?
No need man
Because from where will those fans pull air since the left side is acrylic window and right side is solid window
Bottom normally the PSU should be placed inverted to push air out via bottom exhaust of the case right.

So no need to add more fans.

But keep in mind to clean all the dust filters every 3 to 4 months or at least for every 6 months because all the intake fans meshes will accumulate more dust than exhaust meshes.
Okay.

Regularly cleaning the cabinet I mean after certain duration will give long life for all the components. Okay.

No need man
Because from where will those fans pull air since the left side is acrylic window and right side is solid window
Bottom normally the PSU should be placed inverted to push air out via bottom exhaust of the case right.

So no need to add more fans.

But keep in mind to clean all the dust filters every 3 to 4 months or at least for every 6 months because all the intake fans meshes will accumulate more dust than exhaust meshes.
Okay.

Regularly cleaning the cabinet I mean after certain duration will give long life for all the components. Okay.
The side mounts have vents to pull air and if i the place the psu horizontally I can place 3 fans at bottom for air take if that helps

The side mounts have vents to pull air and if i the place the psu horizontally I can place 3 fans at bottom for air take if that helps
Don't put the PSU in other positions other than what everybody uses because the air from the PSU fan should go out immediately not swirl around there by creating any kind of negative effect there because if PSU heats up then the setup of so many fans gets negated because it's connected to all important components.

Check this video once :

An independent developer created this software called Fan Control where Jayztwocents immediately donated $500 for creating such a great software. Innovations man.

For end users like us. Just watch it. It's really beautiful and it's free of course.

I intend to use it once I install all the remaining fans I my cabinet as well.

This above software controls every fan from intake, exhaust, aio pump, gpu fans as well.

You should rather install one car radiator fan.

Sarcasm aside, what are you trying to cool with 14 fans? I don't think you need to worry about negative or positive pressure. I'd rather worry about the turbulence, dust and humidity induced rust.

Don't put the PSU in other positions other than what everybody uses because the air from the PSU fan should go out immediately not swirl around there by creating any kind of negative effect there because if PSU heats up then the setup of so many fans gets negated because it's connected to all important components.

Check this video once :

An independent developer created this software called Fan Control where Jayztwocents immediately donated $500 for creating such a great software. Innovations man.

For end users like us. Just watch it. It's really beautiful and it's free of course.

I intend to use it once I install all the remaining fans I my cabinet as well.

This above software controls every fan from intake, exhaust, aio pump, gpu fans as well.
In which position you meant to put the psu in?
You should rather install one car radiator fan.

Sarcasm aside, what are you trying to cool with 14 fans? I don't think you need to worry about negative or positive pressure. I'd rather worry about the turbulence, dust and humidity induced rust.
I am not trying to achieve anything with 14 fans.. I just want some help with fan Orientations, dust and temps.. if less fans are enough .I will go with them ..rest I will sell

Hi..I need some help with proper Fans Orientation for intake and exhaust in Thermaltake Core P6 Cabinet..

I have total 10 nos of 120 mm fans and an Anter Arctic Freezer II Liquid Cooler 360 top mounting..

Thanks in advance..
Why you need orientation? What are system temps?

What wud filter be for then?. Anyway dust wud still come in and still cleaning wud be required.
Negative pressure means fans will pull in air from crevices, making dust accumulate in those areas. Positive pressure means air will go in only from fans, thereby leaving dust only on dust filters. You need positive pressure precisely for the dust filters to do their work.

Negative pressure means fans will pull in air from crevices, making dust accumulate in those areas. Positive pressure means air will go in only from fans, thereby leaving dust only on dust filters. You need positive pressure precisely for the dust filters to do their work.
Point noted....but wouldn't positive pressure make hot air keep moving inside more.

Back