PC Peripherals Help needed: Belkin Power Surge and Logitech Z506 gone kaput due to power problem.

channabasanna

Disciple
Hi All,

Sunday when the power went due to rains, though Home UPS was there. My PC got switched off with my Belkin Power Surge getting kaput.
Because of this my room DP switch in the mains went off. I checked if any of my PC components were damaged, thank god nothing had happened to the components inside the Cabinet.
Yesterday before connecting the PSU i tried switching on the Belkin, again the spike buster went off with a thud sound. Brought a new local spike buster and started using my PC, but noticed my Speakers are also gone :(

Now my question is:
Belkin is lifetime warranty (brought from Multiple Computech on 31-July-2010), so will i get a replacement for that. If so in how many days?
Also Belkin had mentioned on the spike cover saying they have cover upto Rs 100000 for the damaged Components which are connected to the spike. I would like to know how can i claim the same?

Also, my speakers (Logitech Z506) are new brought on Feb 18, 2012 from Jainex Computers, is still in warranty period. How can i get the replacement done for the same.
Should i directly contact Jainex or is there any other Logitech service centre in Bangalore.

I stay in Bangalore, my home UPS is Sukam 1400.
Spike Buster is Belkin : Ultimate Series 8-Socket Surge Protector
Speakers is Logitech Z506

Thanks in Advance :)

Guys, as far as i know and from the manuals. there is no Fuse option to directly access in the Sub Woofer, any idea where will be the Fuse be. Will it be inside, if i open it then the warranty may go off.

The problem is i am not able to switch on the Speakers itself.

Meanwhile, i have also sent E-Mails to both logitech and belkin support regarding the issues. Hope they come back with the replies.

From my recent experience with belkin I give them high marks. Life Time means 5 years for economy series. I took it to their service center(accel frontline handles it). And they are good, they took some 10 mins to replace mine without even asking for invoice. Though if they do not have the same model,you may need to pay to visits.

They are located very near to town hall. Let me know if you need exact address.

I have no idea about claim though.

From my recent experience with belkin I give them high marks. Life Time means 5 years for economy series. I took it to their service center(accel frontline handles it). And they are good, they took some 10 mins to replace mine without even asking for invoice. Though if they do not have the same model,you may need to pay to visits.

They are located very near to town hall. Let me know if you need exact address.

I have no idea about claim though.

Sure buddy, it will be of great help if you let me know the exact address. I will go this saturday and get it done. What about the Speakers any idea about the Fuse and other stuffs.

I had a logitech Z 2300 and 5500. They had fuse in the back of the Subwoofer just around the power chord. Mine also blew once in 2 years. So better first check the fuse.

Also even if the speakers have gone dead there is no issue since logitech will replace the whole system with a new one.

I had a logitech Z 2300 and 5500. They had fuse in the back of the Subwoofer just around the power chord. Mine also blew once in 2 years. So better first check the fuse.

Also even if the speakers have gone dead there is no issue since logitech will replace the whole system with a new one.

Thanks sg3707 for the information. How many days they take to replace the whole system, any info on the Logitech service centres in Bangalore

Mentioned below is the Bangalore Accel Service center address to get the product replaced.

ServiceCenterName
CITY
ServiceCenterContactName
ServiceCenterAdd1
ServiceCenterAddr2
ServiceCenterAddr3
STATE
ServiceCenterPhone1
ServiceCenterPhone2
ServiceCenterZip
ACCEL CARE CENTER
BANGALORE
VIGNESHWARI
AMATRA INFOTECH PRIVATE LIMITED
NO:2 & 3 , NEW RAJA BUILDING, 2ND FLOOR
NR ROAD
KARNATAKA
080-41129213/204
9740975091/41129213

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Take left once you reach townhall.

Update: Had a discussion with Logitech support team online. been to Savex computers on Saturday and was told it may take a week for the replacement to come.
So for the Belkin Spike at Accel Care Centre.

Does it take a week or more to get the replacement guys.

I got mine replaced from the shop I bought it from. You can ask your dealer if he can replace it otherwise Belkin service centre should replace it. They should replace it immediately.

Finally after 3 weeks of waiting i got my speakers replaced from Savex computers (Could not goto neoteric since they are closed on saturday and sunday)
and today i got my Belkin.
Thanks a lot for the help folks :)

Back