Help needed ....C-DAC course FPGDST

vikram

Disciple
Hey frndz

i am vicky doing B.tech in mechanical engg.
I need help from u people.I would like to know about C-DAC's Post graduate diploma in software technology.How much value does it have in
Info Tech market.What about job getting after doing it.

Does placement goes on the campus?

i will be thankful to u people for replying to my query.
Waiting.....................................:) :)

CDAC has many centres.. So doing this from a good center can get u placement. Mumbai is one of the good Centres of CDAC.

Placement is OK OK if u can prove urself at the interview then good. And placement is good only at the best CDAC centres. Other CDAC centers are awful.

Choose wisely and have a great career ahead.

If you excel in the All India CDAC Entrance and get into a good centre like the main ACTS centre in Pune,Bangalore you can start with a PHAT package salary.

Placements are good provided you get into a good centre.

The course is called DAC (Diploma in Advanced Computing). Theres another called DESD (Diploma in Embedded Systems Development).

Cost of the DAC is around 55-60K and it is really worth it PROVIDED you get into a good centre.

Hope this helped :).

To JOSH

hey man u live in Pune only.and in NCST website i saw that they have a centre in Kharghar.not mainly in mumbai.
FPGDST is a one year course.and has fee around 50k.few of the seats are available now even for the batch to be started in august.

hi darthcoder
thanks for being so polite and kind towards my messages
i wnt through ur given links and want to ask ,can i ?(mechanical engg)student apply for such course.

By that article i found it very rigorous corse yaro.
Can u provide information about Full time post graduate diploma in soft tech
run by C-DAC kharghar or bangalore centre

There were even students from Mining Technology who have taken this course :), so you as a mechanical student should have no worries about taking this course.Yes...the course is very gruelling..everything from basic C/Operating SYstems to Linux Kernel and device drivers is covered in those 6 months.

Still remember those no-sleep days and overnight coding sessions :D..aah those golden days.

I dont know about bangalore and stuff as I am from a different city..the best thing would be to go to the office and find out, if possible meet some seniors and find out(Recruitment might be going on now, recruitments start Mid-July for the Feb Batch so you will have a good idea by consulting the seniors).

Please go through the earlier links I gave thoroughly, they have everything.

C-DAC, ACTS-Advanced Computing Training School

I'll copy-paste some stuff for you anyways :).

Course Structure

The Diploma in Advanced Computing (DAC) is a 24 weeks fulltime postgraduate course comprising of ten compulsory modules and a Project.

There are up to 120 seats available at every centre offering the course.

BE / ME or Equivalent (AMIE, AIETE), B.Sc (Engg), MCA (After B.Sc), MCS (After B.Sc), M Sc (Electronics), M Sc (Instrumentation), MCM (With B.Sc), MBA(Systems), BCS, B Sc (IT), B Sc (Comp. Sc.), BCA, BIS (Bachelor of Internet Sciences), Bachelor Of E-Commerce.

Syllabus for Common Entrance Test (CET)

Section I :Computing Fundamentals (10 marks)

Evolutions of computers, Computer generations, Computer organization, Primary and Secondary storage, Input-output devices, Computer software, Operating systems, Data communications and computer networking, Multimedia, Classification of computers, etc.

Section II : Fundamentals of Programming (10 marks)

Algorithms, Flowcharts, Computer languages, System implementation and operation, File organizations and Data processing, etc.
Section III : Programming in C (50 marks)

Introductory concepts, C Fundamentals, Operators and Expressions, Data Input and Output, Control statement, Functions, Arrays, Pointers, Structures and Unions, Arrays, Stacks, Queues and Linked Lists (Single, double, Circular), etc.

Section IV : Object Oriented Programming Concepts (20 marks)

Understanding of the object oriented concepts, such as Classes and Objects, Generalizations, Polymorphism, Abstract Classes and Re-usability, etc.

Section V :VB Programming (20 marks)

VB IDE, Data Types and Operators in VB,VB language control flow,Procedures and Functions,VB Inbuilt functions,Error object,User interface design,Intrinsic controls in VB,Control Array and Collection

Section VI :General Apptitude (40 marks)

Questions shall be modeled on GMAT pattern

Recommended Textbooks

1. Foundations of Computing - PK Sinha and Preeti Sinha (BPB)

2. Programming in ANSI C - E Balaguruswamy (TMH)

3. The Object-Oriented Thought Process - Matt Weisfeld (Techmedia)

4. Teach Yourself Visual Basic 6 in 24 Hours – Greg Perry, Sanjaya Hettihewa ( BPB )

Those links are more than enough though, please go through the links in my previous posts, they contain all the information you need.

vikram said:
To JOSH

hey man u live in Pune only.and in NCST website i saw that they have a centre in Kharghar.not mainly in mumbai.
FPGDST is a one year course.and has fee around 50k.few of the seats are available now even for the batch to be started in august.

Dont know about that, but one of my friends is studying in CDAC mumbai. He did not give the entrance exam, but went directly to CDAC Mumbai during the admission time. There are always a few seats remaining as he told me and u can take direct admission without giving the exam. He completed his course in this June and now is in Reliance Infocomm.

hi josh

even few seats are available in Bangalore centre.
he completed Full time PGDST? or
Part time PGDST?

Very nice to hear that he is working in Reliance Infocom
Was he placed from C-DAC campus or tried outside?
actually i am mainly considering The Campus Placement programme.Its good that one get job after completing such course from C-DAC campus.Otherwise
U know how diffcult is to get job offcampus.
If u dont mind,can u ask him to give me more details
If he has yahoo id,plz give .So i can chat with him

Finally lots of thanks for Replying....

Gudmorning
josh and darthcoder

Plz keep on posting when u get a new information about the course.
and Josh ,if u ask ur friend it will be very helpful for me...plz take out some time from ur busy shedule for ur new techencalve friend'vikram'

Fine...
BYee guys

Back