Help needed choosing a laptop under 60k (Max)

dissel

Skilled
Hi,

I'm looking for a mobile solution & eying this particular section for couple of weeks.

My requirements :- (Not Priority wise)

1.Large MS Excel/Access handling

2.Adobe CS3/CS4 photo shop works & works with RAW image file (mean here 20-30 stage editing).

3.Video Editing/Encoding.

4.Gaming <-----> ATM I don't know.

5.HD movie viewing(1080p rip) .

6.Else Regular Stuff Like web...etc etc.

Hardware I need (I think I need, maybe not)

1.Screen Size 15"

2.4 GB Ram

3.500GB HDD (If it is 320GB ok)

6.Dedicated GFX <---- Confused/which one/?MB/GB

7. HDMI Out (As I connected it to out LCD TV)

8.Processor Core i3/i5 <-----Confused. (don't want to go with older P-Series Duo processor)

After reading here I inquired following config today.

All are Local dealer price:-

Dell:-

Inspiron 15R:- i5,4GB RAM,1GB GFX,500GB HDD = 47200/- (Only gripe it comes with Windows 7 Home Basic)

Studio 15:- i3,4GB RAM,1GB GFX,500GB HDD = 51000/-

Sony Viao:- VPCEB26FG

Shop 1 :-49,800/-,

Shop 2 :- Gave me the MRP 51,990/- (I think this was negotiable,the guy give me the price on fly)

Shop 2 :- VIAO EA16 :i5,4GB RAM,1GB GFX,500GB HDD,14" Screen :( = 54990/-

(They suggest after hearing my budget & I asked for i5 config,but again 720p display)

Lenovo Y560:- They said it is Series number...they need model no for quoting the price.

Now experts please suggest which one to go for ? Is Inspiron 15R safe to buy with i5 ?

ALL Laptop come with 5400 RPM HDD....No 7200 RPM as it is shown Dell website.

P.S:-I'v a bad experience with WD GREEN 500 GB desktop HDD which is also a 5400 RPM.

It suck big time even if I use as d/l rig.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

In Full 60K blown, my only option is XPS Studio 16 with older processor...AS I don't want to go for that as It is defective chassis design (Vent Blocking after open the lid) as well as p-series procy which is old. I want newer i-series as I heard this series are optimized for battery.

After searching more n' more and watching videos (preview) in Youtube I found Lenovo Y560 series worth for buying. It is simply Amazing.

But I found it LCD display have some issues as well as low quality stuff used it to manufacture...this is also in YouTube.

Please Advice.

Take the Sony Vaio VPCEB26FG priced at 52k, but can get a discount.
Its got Core i3, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, 1GB ATI Raedon 5650, 15.5" Full HD Screen.

I just bought this recently, n its simply amazing.

@CeDrIc

Thanks for the reply.....As clock is Ticking and I get more confused...

I'm worried about service & accessories like Battery....When the this EB26 model discontinued will Sony make the battery ?

Dell have a Service center in Kolkata...I can just hand-over the machine if things goes wrong...What about the Sony ?

Saw some Youtube Vids....EB26's 1080p screen is too good to resists.

P.S:- I also want to know, Dell/Sony/Lenovo...do they ship any OS disc with these particular model ? Or I need to pay for OS once I format the HDD/Virus Attack/Used some other OS (Linux),Then want to get back the Win7.

Or I never used other OS and Tie-up with this for my whole life ? I have no Idea please throw some light on it.

What the mean of Genuine Windows 7 <---I read every catalog/spec sheet,If a user can't do his own what he intended to do ? Is that not mean a user also pay for a Genuine Windows 7 Key with the lappy?

Guys, I'm considering between Dell Inspiron 15R with Core i5 / Sony Viao EB26 Black .............Please advice which one to go for ?

Finally got the VIAO EB 26 (18/08/2010), though forget to post as I'm busy with Recovery Disc, BIOS Update and how to make Windows 7 Home Premium Legal Disc.
This Laptop come only Pre-Installed OS,

Anyhow here is the proof,

19082010581.jpg

19082010580.jpg

Though I can't pass the audio via HDMI....no matters how hard I try with Windows Sound Properties.

Congrats on your purchase:hap2: Just burn recovery dvds before you make any changes to your system as this laptop doesnt come with any windows7 disc or recovery discs.Dont worry about windows7 discs,the recovery discs will get back your laptop in the original condition(genuine windows7+drivers) if you anything goes out of order.However you wont even need recovery discs unless its a case of hard disk failure as this laptop comes with a hidden recovery partition which can be used to get back your laptop in original condition or install any default driver or program using vaio recovery centre.

RS4 said:
Congrats on your purchase:hap2: Just burn recovery dvds before you make any changes to your system as this laptop doesnt come with any windows7 disc or recovery discs.Dont worry about windows7 discs,the recovery discs will get back your laptop in the original condition(genuine windows7+drivers) if you anything goes out of order.However you wont even need recovery discs unless its a case of hard disk failure as this laptop comes with a hidden recovery partition which can be used to get back your laptop in original condition or install any default driver or program using vaio recovery centre.
Thanks for your reply......but I think it will roll back to factory setting condition, I mean no updates of of OS and load with all Trial Wire and etc......Say couple of months now MS will release a service pack, What will happen if I need to Roll-Back then? Again I need to download and Installed all updates as well as my programs, and there is no way to make a clean install.

This is very cheap practice all manufacture these days not incl any kind of disc.

Though after opening the box, I clearly see there are 2 separate chamber,one can hold the manuals and specification literature and other can hold the disc. As there is a Authentication Sticker reveals a Serial Key of Windows, means user already paid for 1 genuine licence, How much does it cost more if they include a OS Disc or some recovery disc. I use 'Specy' which revels a completely different key from which was printed in the bottom.

Anyhow user like this can't do a clean install unless he poses/arrange a retail copy of Windows 7 Disc and use the bottom printed CD Key. Though I doubt how painful the activation process with Microsoft.

yeah,it will roll back to original factory condition including all the trialwares and stupid softwares.If you want to do a clean install then make sure you have all the drivers with you and also an original windows7 disk which can be downloaded from microsoft.com and burn it on a dvd.However, i will advise you to leave the hidden recovery partition as it is as you can always roll back to factory condition if something bad happens.

Regarding windows7 key,you can call the microsoft india customer support and tell them that you need an activation key for your genuine windows7 as you have done a clean install on your laptop,they will ask for your windows7 key printed on back of your laptop,thats all. or else you can use this guide:

ABR (Activation Backup and Restore) | directedge.us

Back