Help needed finding duplicate files

p_sam21

Adept
I had 5 dvd collection of songs etc. Somehow i lost one of dvd. Over time, i managed to get most of them re downloaded. But as i didnt have list of which files i lost, i ended up getting quite a few which are duplicate, that is i had it on other dvd.

Is there any way by which i can find the duplicate files based on track /artist name . I know it can be done through winamp, but it only clears the playlist of duplicates, not the actual files.

Hi friends, try this completely free duplicate file finder. Also don't forget to use the selection assistant tool. Its a really useful tool.

Also I want to add a little workaround for not to forget the file lists you've written on to a DVD. I always keep a list of all the files in a DVD to a text file, and give file names to text files based on the label written on the DVD. I use TREE command at command prompt like this.

Start -> Run -> cmd
cd <DVD Drive letter>
tree /f /a > fileName.txt (make sure that you provide file path so that its saved to your hard disk, and the folder mentioned actually exists).

This will copy a list of all files and folders including sub-folder to the mentioned text file. I prefer to keep a separate txt file for each of my DVDs.

Try this and let me know if you like this way...

Thanks
KIKWorks

Back