OC & Modding Help needed in OC'ing my E7200

Hi friends,
Iam a noob in OC'ing
Plz answer my Queries and Doubts

1. What should i buy in extra to overclock my E7200
2. To How much max can i OC my proccy safely
3. Do my proccy @2.53Ghz is a bottleneck to my config( see below)
4. Is it safe to OC?
5. To how much can i OC with the stock cooler safely?

My config:

Intel C2D E7200 @2.53GHZ, LGA 775
Zeb 945 (on board nvidia 7050):mad: ( i hate this MB but i have to use it)
ATI Radeon saphire 5770
Corsair VX 450 PSU
CM Elite 335 cabby
3GB DDR2 RAM ( 2GB corsair @800mhz+ 1gb dynet @667 mhz)
2 HDDs

1.Change ur Motherboard,Thermal Paste like MX2,Add some Fans in case for cooling,And most important read articles about OCing.

2.Upto 3.5 GHz

3.Not that much

4.Yes (If u know how to do OCing)

5.With stock cooler u can do upto 3-3.2GHz easily.

Actually, I've seen people hit 4GHz easily with this CPU with after market cooler.

But beyond 3.6GHz, performance improvements are minor.

mamaji.pramod said:
i already applied the thermal paste
cooler master thermal fusion 400

to how much i can overclock my proccy without disturbing the H/W setup

Well increase the speed of the CPU and post a realtemp run here. Lets see. Take it too like 2.7-2.8.

@OP: Since your mobo is a zebby one and I don't know the exact model, I presume there won't be any option to OC in BIOS. Even if an option is there to increase the FSB, don't overclock with that motherboard. Zebby mobos are not at all meant for OCing and so the components including the mosfet won't be of good quality. Chances re there you fry your board.

Secondly, your CPU is already good enough for gaming.

You should hit 3.0`3.2 to get max out of that config :) I suggest u buy gigabyte g31m-es2l @ 2.4k good little piece of hardware and very vfm :)

mamaji.pramod said:
Hi friends,
Iam a noob in OC'ing
Plz answer my Queries and Doubts

1. What should i buy in extra to overclock my E7200
2. To How much max can i OC my proccy safely
3. Do my proccy @2.53Ghz is a bottleneck to my config( see below)
4. Is it safe to OC?
5. To how much can i OC with the stock cooler safely?

My config:

Intel C2D E7200 @2.53GHZ, LGA 775
Zeb 945 (on board nvidia 7050):mad: ( i hate this MB but i have to use it)
ATI Radeon saphire 5770
Corsair VX 450 PSU
CM Elite 335 cabby
3GB DDR2 RAM ( 2GB corsair @800mhz+ 1gb dynet @667 mhz)
2 HDDs

1)if you want a cheaper alternative then get an aftermarket cooler like CM Hyper TX3.. it's cheap & performs a lot more better than stock cooler..
if you have money then i'll suggest you to sell your current M/B & get a Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L -2400/-... it's a very good board for the price..

2)it depends upon the hardware temps,stability & ambient temp. of the room :cool2: but still you can expect 600MHz overclock easily..

3)No i don't think that your GPU will bottleneck your CPU..

4)yes in the limits & if you have every resource that is required.. like cooler,TIM,PSU blah blah..

5)Stock coolers are only good for stock speeds.. they are made to keep up with only stock frequencies..get aftermarket cooler if you want to overclock..

Your Config is good but i can see only 2 problems in that..

1)Motherboard -it plays a very important role in overclocking since you'll be using all it's capabilities to overclock..so,better get a Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L -2400/- awesome M/B for Dual Core & C2D overclockers..

2)Ram -one is corsair & other one is dynet but the problem is with different frequencies..so,either remove the dynet one or replace it with same corsair memory with same timings & frequencies..

REST ALL IZ WELL...:hap2:

Back