achintsetia

Disciple
Hi guys,

Recently i bought a system with config :

Corei5
MSI CD53 Mobo
1TB SATA Hdd
SATA CD-Rom
when i boot using installation DVD, it goes into manual install of linux and even doesn't setect DVD Rom. Please Help..

From this page. it seems you mobo is well supported under Linux.

So what works and what doesn't with the Intel P55 and Lynnfield processors when it comes to Linux? Well, we have just had the hardware for about a week, but so far the experience is relatively pleasant after first sorting out a few issues. When it comes to the Intel P55 motherboard we tested, the Intel DP55KG, the motherboard had worked with Ubuntu 9.04 and its Linux 2.6.28 kernel except for the Gigabit Ethernet adapter was not detected. When upgrading to Ubuntu 9.10 Alpha 5 with the Linux 2.6.31 kernel, the network adapter was now supported. One area also lacking in the Linux support for the Intel Lynnfield / Ibex Peak with both the motherboard and the CPU is the lack of any LM_Sensors system monitoring support for being able to read the fan speeds, temperatures, and voltages. Nothing was detected by LM_Sensors found in the latest Ubuntu 9.10 code. Besides those two caveats, the Intel P55 motherboard had ran fine on Linux.

Which version of Suse your are installing ? you might might to try the latest kernel version to get hardware support as this hardware is relatively new.

when i boot using installation DVD, it goes into manual install of linux and even doesn't setect DVD Rom. Please Help.

you mean your DVD drive does not detect?

or

you mean can't Select DVD drive and boot via DVD?

Please make yourself clear and explain clearly what's exactly is not working

you are trying to run DVD in CD ? im confused...

what version of SUSE? get a latest one "Live CD" and re-try?

Get OpenSUSE 11.2 if you want SUSE specifically, else get Ubuntu 9.10

Back