PC Peripherals Help needed regarding PSU

prabs

Skilled
My 5200fx agp card died a week back. I am getting a zebronics 7300gt 512 agp card from a friend today.

The problem is will my psu be able to handle it?
The following stuff is connected:
P4 2.66 Ghz
1 1gb ram transcend 400 mhz
1 512 ram hynix 400 mhz
1 250 sata hdd
1 40 gb ide hdd
1 cd writer
1 dvd writer
1 floppy drive
1 bluetooth dongle (usb always connected)
1 printer (usb always connected)
1 gamepad (usb always connected)

I use one usb port for external hdd, pen drives or card readers occasionally.

I have a i ball 400w power supply. Will I have to change the psu for the card or removing a few of the devices like cd writer or one hdd do the trick?

Please advice.

(P.S.: I know getting an agp card in this day and age is a dumb decision.)

Thanks for the reply.

16.1 watts is what is mentioned at wikipedia for 7300 gt for 'Power Consumption Peak 3D'. I am still looking around for 5200 fx power consumption figures. Can someone give me the figures for 5200 fx?

@rohit....his rig wnt need a high efficiency psu...the 400w wud do jus fine...even though its iball....n thts no joke;).
buy a gud psu...wen u upgrade ur rig laterz....Cheers

PhOeNiX said:
i think the PSU should be enough for a 7300GT.....
max to max, u can get a Powersafe 400W or something around 1k for peace of mind......

powersafe 400W gold retails about Rs. 1.55k, but shud ne enuf for ur power needs.

I didn't get a 7300 gt but bought a 6600 gt instead. The max requirement for it is 48w.

When I connected the graphic card at first one of hdd was not getting power at all so I had to split the power from the power cable connected to my cd writer and used it to power both the writer and the hdd. My pc seems to be running sluggishly. I can't even connect a pen drive if a portable hdd is connected anymore. The pendrive simply hangs. The moment I unplug the portable hdd the pendrive starts working normally again. Do you think I should get a 450w power supply? Not to mention even right cicking for refresh takes much more time than it used to initially. I had to remove the bluetooth dongle to keep my game pad connected.

PLease advice.

Ran the tests using a-squared, avg antispyware and nod32. Results for Virus is negative.

@H@cker which 400w or 450w psu would u recommend. Could you also mention the cost.

Thanks.

Back