Audio Help Needed: Sansa clip stopped working all of a sudden

Help Needed: Sansa clip stopped working all of a sudden.

Hi all,

I was working out in the gym when all of a sudden the sansa clip stopped working. Earlier there used to be connecting problem with the earphones as the salt from perspiration dried up blocking contact. I used to clean it up after the workout but today it just went off. :(

Any idea on how to revive my precious clip. It is like my lifeline and i listen to it atleast 4-5 hrs a day while travelling and in Gym.:p

Please help guys I know you will have some idea on how to get it up and running.

On a side note will a silicone case help in preventing such occurrence :huh:

Perform a hard reset?

Hold down the Power/Reset button for about 15 seconds to perform a normal reset.

thanks for the suggestion. and is that Gannu??

I have kept my Gym tracks on the clip and dont have a backup :ashamed:

Will the hard reset wipe all Data ???

any other thing i can do. I used a hairdryer to blow all the moisture away.

UPDATE: Tried the hard reset thing but the Clip started instead. and then it froze when playing a song. :(

Will the silicone thingy help in preventing such an occurance????

Yeah Gannu indeed. :p

No the hard reset does not wipe any songs on it. Not sure if the silicone cover helps but yeah if it's inexpensive why not try it? :D

@ Gannu: Thanks for the help man. But even doing that doesnt work. Anything else I can do.

UPDATE 2: Not working again. :( . Guys it booted once and then while playing a song got stuck again. Now its not working at all again.

Now i am back home and i plugged it into my laptop using the USB cable. It earlier used to show sansa clip now it doesnt recognize.

Any thing i can do to get it running. Need help badly.

Dont remember :p Its the first generation Clip (not clip +)

I think I had bought it off ebay India long time back. I guess it was march-april 2009 as that was the time when I had lost my zen stone and ep635

I guess the warranty too will not be valid anymore.

It said M200 plus UNDEF storage USB device when i tried connecting for the first time.

Re: Help Needed: Sansa clip stopped working all of a sudden.

motorheadinc said:
I was working out in the gym when all of a sudden the sansa clip stopped working. Earlier there used to be connecting problem with the earphones as the salt from perspiration dried up blocking contact. I used to clean it up after the workout but today it just went off. :(

:O :crazy:

Keep trying the same. If it starts, backup your songs and format it. Put a couple of songs first and run it for a while. If it's fine, then put in all your other songs. Try flashing the firmware as well, but do it only when you're sure the player won't stop working again.

BTW, is the memory completely full?

Well I have registered my Sandisk on UK site and lodged a question. Lets see what happens next. I am just hoping what ever happens, happens soon. I am half dead without music.

where did u use to keep/attach it in the gym ???

Clipped on the shirt or inside the shorts' pocket or did u use an armband ???

Next time just use a small plastic cover like the one tht comes for mobile..if u keep it in the pocket..

If u clip it on the shirt.. no matter you do.. the sweat is gonna enter it as the shirt gets wet..

^^^ Mate I know that it will go in. I was using it for the past 6 months the same way without any issues. I guess I will have to wait for sandisk to reply. I am also planning on buying a silicon case. Is it worth it??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Update: Was able to connect my player to laptop and take a backup of my tracks :). Have been also able to reset the thing and have put it on charge on the mains. I have normally noticed that after some time the player gets heated moderately so that may allow the trapped moisture to dry up. Lets hope guys the player keeps on running.

And yeah can some one please suggest on the silicon case. I am planning this one.

Is it worth it. will it prevent water from entering the player???

Back