Audio Help needed to hook up speakers to a DVD player

hey ..
so another new project for me to research on for the weekend.. well i save a little money if i can figure out how to get this thing to work!

anyways wat i need to do is connect the audio out from a spare dvd to a speaker.. the speaker does not have a normal stereo audio in.. the input in the speaker is the old red and black wire thing.. so now is it possible to get a cable which can connect the audio out of the dvd (its the one with white and red pins) to the input of the speaker (the red an black wire thing) ..
also is it advisable to connect a dvd player directly to a speaker rather than thru an amp?? i need to use it just for flute music in a small part of the office (basically the customer waitin area)..
also if such a cable is available wats its cost an whers it available ..

thanks in advance!
P.S: posting a pic wit the sockets on the speaker an player to clarify the question..

ahh.. lets c.. will scout some storeas in np on monday then for an amp

though id hav prefered to be able to avoid it but since thers no option i guess i have no choice aswell ..

any reccomendations about which brand to go for.?? i need something which is small preferably (i.e doesnt have a huge footprint) cause of space restraints.. i dont mind spending a little extra aswell for somethin good..

also advice wher 2 buy in np or elsewher in delhi..

Edit: or else if thers any dvd player which would directly connect to the speakers do let me know bout those player aswell .. i dont mind buying a new dvd player aswell..

Back