Help needed to upgrade from Far Cry 6 trial

nemo_online

Disciple
Hi, all
I have already got the free trial version installed on my system. I purchased the full version recently. Now do I need to download and install the game in the same folder as the trial version or do I need to install in a different drive altogether?
Also, how will the settings and my progress in the game get transferred to the full version?
Ubisoft support sucks so they will take their own sweet time to respond ( if at all, they do respond)

Regards

There is an option called Locate installed files on UBISOFT Connect. Use that If you have installed the game using Ubisoft Connect.
If you bought the game on any other platform, steps will differ.

Settings and Progress are carried on their own if you bought the game on UBISOFT Connect.

Easy method is to uninstall & reinstall. Save should carry over if you backed it up to cloud (by keeping the internet connected while playing).

As mentioned earlier, ubisoft connect has the locate install file option, can give that a try to see if it detects the trial version install files.

There is an option called Locate installed files on UBISOFT Connect. Use that If you have installed the game using Ubisoft Connect.
If you bought the game on any other platform, steps will differ.

Settings and Progress are carried on their own if you bought the game on UBISOFT Connect.
When I use the option it returns an error. I installed the trial version from ubisoft but purchased the full version via greenmangaming and connected it to my ubisoft account.
Easy method is to uninstall & reinstall. Save should carry over if you backed it up to cloud (by keeping the internet connected while playing).
Will try this out now. Yes, I believe the saves were backed up to cloud. "locate installed files" can't detect the trial version and returns an error.

So just opened the newly installed full version of the game. It does not have the saves from the trial version. :(
Weird.

I remember playing The Crew on a free weekend or so from the Ubisoft launcher, then bought it on steam. My progress carried over.

Maybe trial is different like old trials then. I thought ubisoft offered 10hr full game trials & free weekends, maybe this is a cut down version of full game.

Weird.

I remember playing The Crew on a free weekend or so from the Ubisoft launcher, then bought it on steam. My progress carried over.

Maybe trial is different like old trials then. I thought ubisoft offered 10hr full game trials & free weekends, maybe this is a cut down version of full game.
I have the free version of Far Cry 6 where I was allowed to play the first 5-6 missions for free. This is not a 'free weekend' version.
I think the game saves aren't synchronised with cloud.
Follow this.
Thanks a ton! Finally! This worked. Had to manually upload on to the cloud from the trial version and then download the same on the full game version.
Very poor UX from Ubisoft. There is 1 in a 100 chance that common gamers would search for this solution using a term such as "cross-progression" . As it is, technically, I didn't cross-progress because I didn't change platforms. I am on the same platform - PC. So, thanks once again to you @The_GarlicBread :)

Last edited:
Back