CPU/Mobo help needed - unlocking my x2 555 on msi 880gma-e45 !!!!

G33kgod

Adept
hey guys thanx to inputs from guys on TE (with speacial thanx to DarkAngel) bought my new pc fom smc yesterday :eek:hyeah: !!!! well i need help in unlocking my x2 555(1004APMW) so wat do i need to do ??
BOUGHT
cpu-x2 555
mobo- MSI 880GMA-E45
RAM- 4gb 1600mhz
PSU-vx450
cabby- cm335
LEFT
Speakers
mouse
keyboard
gfx card (wasnt in stock :( )
(OT: my VX450 came with US powercord wat does this mean ?? n the guy at smc didnt write its serial no. on the bill. i hope its legal piece n not one of those import ones )

G33kgod said:
hey guys thanx to inputs from guys on TE (with speacial thanx to DarkAngel) bought my new pc fom smc yesterday :eek:hyeah: !!!! well i need help in unlocking my x2 555(1004APMW) so wat do i need to do ??

BOUGHT

cpu-x2 555

mobo- MSI 880GMA-E45

RAM- 4gb 1600mhz

PSU-vx450

cabby- cm335

LEFT

Speakers

mouse

keyboard

gfx card (wasnt in stock :( )

(OT: my VX450 came with US powercord wat does this mean ?? n the guy at smc didnt write its serial no. on the bill. i hope its legal piece n not one of those import ones )
Congrats on your new rig man!!...Unlocking is easy.

1.Search for option in your BIOS called ACC(Advanced Clock Calibration).

2.Enable it.

3.See if it boots,

if it does run Prime95 or a similar stability test for 12 hours to check if your quad core is 100% stable.

if it doesn't boot post again and other more experienced members will help you.

My unlocking was simple...except the temperatures were pretty high so for the time being I've undervolted it to keep it running cool.Hopefully yours will go well too.Best of luck!!:)

My VX450 came with a US power cord too.That's probably how they all come.I don't think the serial number not being on the bill is a problem.

cant find ACC but a option called unlock core was there. i enabled it . but the pc didnt boot as at welcome to windows the screen would go distorted n would restart again.... now wat to do :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

cmon guys our in ur suggestions !!!!!! :(

That most probably means your cpu has bad cores. Try increasing vcore a bit. If that succeeds, test with prime95 and do keep an eye on temps.

well a guy wuth this batch was able to unlock it.. vcore is 1.3XX dont remember. how much i increase ??

EDIT: vcore is 1.392 default and the cpu temp is 45 c...

my ram frequency id 1333mhz how to increase it ??

MSI must have provided some BIOS tweaks (Function keys) or onboard switches for it.

People its 8 Series now so please do not suggest ACC thing. kindly read the mb model before posting. ACC is done for 8series and above, AMD has removed ACC so there is no point in searching ACC in your BIOS.

Check for your Mb manual or the link that DA has provided.

i was able to unlock the cores on my 555 with VCORE 1.23(default) on 1004BPMW batch and will vary for each processor for even same batch. . Follow Dark Angels step and if it is not successful then unfortunately you have damaged core. But you should try with 3 cores also. Use motherboard temp monitoring software to check your temps. Generally 1004 batch is good unlocker so try all options.:)

guys i cant change my cpu voltage is at AUTO n no option for changing it. btw my cpu vcore is 1.375v ok i tried unlocking, the BIOS showed 4 cores but the windows restarts ASA it reaches the windows 7 logo. :(

1st update the BIOS to ver 17.4.
Then after entering BIOS go to Green Power and disable CPU Phase contro.
Then goto Cell Menu :
Unlock CPU Core -> Enable
CPU Core Control -> Manual
Adjust CPU Ratio -> Manually set multi to match default CPU speed
Adjust CPU-NB Ratio -> 10X
FSB/DRAM Ratio -> Increase this to run Ram at 1600MHz
CPU Voltage -> Try changing them with +/-

1st check if ur BIOS is v 17.0 or 17.4.
If its 17.4 then no need to update as thats the latest version.

To update BIOS follow theses steps :
1> Download BIOS from MSI website
2> Extract the contents of the downloaded file to usb flash drive.
3> Reboot PC and enter BIOS.
4> In BIOS goto M-Flash and flash ur BIOS.
5> After flash BIOS, its highly recommended to clear the CMOS. Also restore BIOS to defaults before flashing.

the update date MSI site is 30-4-2010 where that on cpuz is 24-4-2010 i think these are different .....
cpuzp.th.png
[/URL]

noob here,try three core unlocing if ur mobo permits. if that does not help just be happy overclocking it, ur cpu is not that bad.if still not satisfied sell ASAP (last resort)

FYI, MSI has earlier announced that the new 800 Series of Motherboards might/will not have core unlocking features as pronounced as that of the 700 series.

"Finally, don't be confused by the Core Control menu - it's not there to unlock the extra cores of a Phenom II X3 CPU, as MSI does not and will not feature this option. Instead, this menu lets you disable CPU cores. This is only of use if you’re trying to break CPU frequency records by only running one core (and thus lowering the thermal output and power draw of your CPU), so it’s very strange to see the option in a modest micro-ATX motherboard’s BIOS."

LINK - Bit-Tech.Com

Look for the last para under Bios Features.

Back