CPU/Mobo help needed - unlocking my x2 555 on msi 880gma-e45 !!!!

JayMathers said:
FYI, MSI has earlier announced that the new 800 Series of Motherboards might/will not have core unlocking features as pronounced as that of the 700 series.

"Finally, don't be confused by the Core Control menu - it's not there to unlock the extra cores of a Phenom II X3 CPU, as MSI does not and will not feature this option. Instead, this menu lets you disable CPU cores. This is only of use if you’re trying to break CPU frequency records by only running one core (and thus lowering the thermal output and power draw of your CPU), so it’s very strange to see the option in a modest micro-ATX motherboard’s BIOS."

Its tru that Core Control is not meant for unlocking cpu cores.
its for enabling/disabled active cores for oc'ing.
But UNLOCK CPU CORE is meant for unlockng hidden CPU cores.

HEXUS.net - Review :: MSI 880GMA-E45 motherboard. The new budget king? : Page - 3/9

Most 880/890 chipset based board from vendors like MSI, Asus, Gigabyte advertise this Auto core unlocking feature.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

MSI Global

guess what guys my 3rd core is the bad one :( !!!!! gotta be happy with 3 core i guess !!!!:) ..... spl thanx to hellgate who gave step by step instructions to me n dealing with a noob like me with patience. right now i am running Prime95 to check stability of the unlocked core.thanx alot to all.

G33kgod said:
guess what guys my 3rd core is the bad one :( !!!!! gotta be happy with 3 core i guess !!!!:) ..... spl thanx to hellgate who gave step by step instructions to me n dealing with a noob like me with patience. right now i am running Prime95 to check stability of the unlocked core.thanx alot to all.
Then its good that u got a 8xx series mobo. Had it been a 7xx series mobo u would not beable to use 3 cores excluding the bad core IINM :)

Back