Help needed with housing in Coimbatore

Nikhil

Skilled
No, it's not for me. I'm still in Bangalore and Coimbatore is pretty much near the bottom of the list of places where I would like to go!

A friend has been posted there. He's been given accomodation in Nilgiris Hotel, Avinashi Road for 2 weeks(aaah.... fond memories! ). He is looking for a basic setup.

One room, one attached bathroom is enough for him. Something like a PG I guess.

His budget is 3.5k.

shrey, broar, help please. Others, if you have any idea, you are welcome too!

Nikhil said:
No, it's not for me. I'm still in Bangalore and Coimbatore is pretty much near the bottom of the list of places where I would like to go!

[OT]
Actually Coimbatore is not that bad a place to be shunned ! :p You got to visit it once at least.
[/OT]

Nikhil said:

!

Coimbatore is a very nice place and far far better than Bangalore IMO.

Jeeez!!! I was kidding guys!!

I had a blast in Coimbatore. I stayed there for 2 weeks. Eating in Hot Kitchen on Avinashi Road and Nilgiris Cafe EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Coimbatore isnt bad in anyway. I personally found it even better than Madras. People are much friendlier. The waiter in that Hot Kitchen place actually started talking in Kannada to us because we didnt know tamil properly.

That is why I said "fond memories"!

Shrey can vouch for that.

What I meant is, having visited Coimbatore once and for 14 days at that, I have many more places to visit(Leh anyone?) before going back!

Dont be so sensitive guys!

^Lol j/k man! :p

3.5k seems to be a bit too low IINM considering most chaps who manage to stay on the outskirts such as kovai-pudur & kuniamuthur have to shell out a decent amount for getting a 1BHK rented house. A PG setup should be available in and around the area. A bit far but since buses are aplenty, he shouldn't have a problem commuting from the residence to the workplace.

Let shrey, kippu n broar pitch in!

Nikhil said:
Jeeez!!! I was kidding guys!!

I personally found it even better than Madras. People are much friendlier.

now your getting into the nerves of the people from madras:)

its a personal choice really. i have never liked Bangalore although ive visited the city many number of times but, i like almost all cities of Tamil Nadu in which Madras,Coimbatore,Madurai and Thirunalveli are my favorites.

many members of my family like Bangalore though.

Back