Help, Nokia N95 WLAN Died

Hi guys. I've been using a Nokia N-95 RM-159 (not 8GB one) nearly for the past 2 years. Now, all of a sudden, the WLAN has completely stopped working...as in completely. If I start a scan for WLAN, it simply continues to scan without locating my WiFi ... whether I do it from the WLAN scanning on the Active Standby screen or from Tools > WLAN Wizard. The same happens even when I tried the third-party HandyWi.

And, and, if I try to configure the WLAN from Settings > Connection > Wireless LAN, the Settings screen simply freezes. The only way I can get out of the endless WLAN scanning or the Settings freeze is by restarting the phone. However, the phone itself remains working, i.e. no hangups of phone while the WLAN scanning has hanged...I can 'Alt-Tab' back to the main screen, but WLAN scanning just doesn't stop.

The WiFi signal is fine; the net-book reads it as excellent, the PSP can access it. I also tried hard formatting and upgrading to the latest firmware 35.0.002 (18.11.09) ... no use.

The cellphone has been dropped sometimes, not very rough though, and not recently. Pus the WLAN had continued to work after it was dropped (unless its like those old accident injuries that show results in old age:( ). Handset has not exposed to water.

I'm lost, I love my phone :( ... any ideas wat more I can do now?

hellfire said:
Nothing???? Guess its all over R.I.P then. :'(
it's a water damage or by dropping your phn...

go to a nearest service centre or any repair shop nearby ur area and get it repaired..

Approx Cost :Nokia service Centre RS 2000

Other Repairing Shops :At max Rs.700(depending on the damage and solution)

My Advice :If you go to ghaffar market,get it repaired infront of you.

Most of them won't allow you to see ur phn while its been done....

Back