OC & Modding Help! OC'ing E7200 on Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L

vishwaswish

Disciple
I intend to OC my E7200 to ~3Ghz. So i wanted to no what are thing's i need to Tweak in my bios n software's needed to monitor my the system n test it's stability.

OS- Vista Ultimate-32bit

E7200
Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L
RAM- Corsair-TWIN 2x2024 -6400 C5DHX G
seagate 500GB HDD

Yup do he magic ctrl+F1 in the bios to see all the advanced options. Start puuting the FSB up and the Voltage at 1.35 once you reach your goal start puuetting the voltage down and keep testing by small FTTs through orthos for 10-15 mins after each voltage change.

Thanks WingZero. Got 3.1GHZ with Stock voltage :clap: :hap2:
But having trouble going higher @ FSB 375 it booted but while running orthos it crashed at the start then Mobo started making continuous beep sound. Now stable at @345.
capture13vd9.jpg
capturebf2.jpg

^^time to increase the volts...errr ur busspeed is 345 and u mentioned orthos crashed on 375. try somethin in between. and do use the 9.5 multiplier. y on 9??.. also are you on stock cooler??..do keep a note on temperature. use coretemp. m not so aware of the intel overclocking.. gurus should input you soon.:)

vishwaswish said:
Thanks WingZero. Got 3.1GHZ with Stock voltage :clap: :hap2:
But having trouble going higher @ FSB 375 it booted but while running orthos it crashed at the start then Mobo started making continuous beep sound. Now stable at @345.
capture13vd9.jpg
capturebf2.jpg

Why using the 9x multiplier?? Change it to 9.5..

Back