CPU/Mobo Help On AMD X2 4400+ Price

spr

Disciple
hi guys, this is my first post

I am planning to purchase an AMD X2 processor in Bangalore. i am looking for 3800+, 4200+, 4400+, 4600+, or 4800+; most of them are not available, but a dealer has 4400+ ready stock and is quoting 15000 (net), is the price nominal?

Another option is to buy 3000+ and wait for further slash of price. BTW, I dont want to go for the Conroe yet :no: .

I am planning to buy an A8N-E board, will this board support the dual-core directly or do I need to flash the bios.

Best option is to go for Conroe, dont know why you dont want to go for conroe now, You can get intel e6300+ Asrock 775twins, CPU should be costing around 10k and the motherboard will cost you less than the price of A8N-E and lemme warn you, the price of DDR400 rams have increased too much, instead you can get a decent transcend DDR2 533. This conroe setup makes more and more sense than buying a X2.

my mistake, actually i already have own a PC, this is just an upgrade. One of my processor pins broke , while removing it :( , now i dont have a processor, and the motherboard i have is MSI RS480 :mad:, crappy board btw.

Quick Summary of MySys:
AMD 3500+ (RIP) (non Venice)
MSI RS480 (going to Rust In Pieces)
Transcend DDR400 2 x 1 GB
WD 250GB
Sony DVD ROM and DVD Writer
Antec 480 W PSU

No issuses. Get conroe and run it on DDR ram coz the board asrock 77something supports both DDR and DDR2 ( seperately ) and get the DDR2 in your later upgrade.

buy the Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 & Asrock 775Twins HDTV R2.0

use it with your Transcend DDR400 2 x 1 GB

there is not much difference between DDR & DDR2 performance

note: availability of the Asrock 775Twins HDTV R2.0 is a problem

:thanx: no actually i want to upgrade the board and the processor now

how do you repair the pins, i have no idea :rolleyes:

is conroe available in bangalore? most of the dealers dont have an idea when i tell them about the conroe :console:

i am waiting for the higher end conroe processors, so right now i am not going in for it, i want to keep this system :bangin:

er if ask them CONROE i dont think they will understand...its CORE 2 DUO :p

and conroe is perfect for u since the CPU doesnt have any pins for u to break :bleh:

on a more serious note get the conroe+asrock combo ... its a super deal :)

:) :) In bangalore i have seen system builders show a lot of ads about core2 duo. So if not now it will be available soon. Have patience..:hap2: Spending 15k on a amd is an absolute no...Also try asking the computer warehouse guy...he will charge you a bit more but he is a nice guy and they accept special orders so he might be able to bring it for you...:hap5:

take the CPU to a goldsmith.... they have a lot of experience dealing with such small gold components..

I hope you still have the pin

thanks for all your valuable opinions appreciate the fact that so many of you guys are there to help out

I brought the Asus, 4200+

asked about conroe core 2 duo many did not even now what it was and were surprised that intel is releasing a chip :tongue:

anyhow this is the third rig i own, hope to make conroe the fourth one but am waiting for higher end conroes, E6600 or E6600.

Thanks all, btw this is being posted thru the 4200+ rig, bye

Nikhil said:
take the CPU to a goldsmith.... they have a lot of experience dealing with such small gold components..

I hope you still have the pin
The goldsmith need not fear that he'll screw up the gold at the temp he uses. Can't say that his technique will not screw the AMD 64.

Back