CPU/Mobo help!! pc not booting

HEMANTRATURI

Disciple
friends i need ur help,
i've p4 2.4ghz, intel original d865gbf motherboard(onboard graphics)
problem is, whenever i switch on the system: mobo lights comes on, cpu fan spins, even onboard graphic heatsink and cpu heatsink seems to be getting warm(i think they r functioning)...but there is no display, no beep sounds, keyboard wont act. psu is fine.
i tried disconnecting all the components, including ram, but still there is no display of boot screen. monitor shows amber light
has my mobo gone katpult or has bios become corrupted.
is there any way to recover bios?
thnx in advance

seems something is getting shorted/grounded

i had the same symptoms

take the mobo out of the cabby and try turning it on

if that doesnt work, reattach everything and try to switch on comp with only 1 ram,cpu,gfx connected

it could very well be that

a. ur smps is faulty...try booting after removing the power cables from the hdd and dvdrom

b. ur ram is faulty...plug in some other slot and see

c. ur onboard gpu has gone kaput

d. u didnt fool around in the bios just before this happened did u?

well, if bios is corrupt u can try resetting the bios....but that wouldnt happen if u didnt fool arnd with it. Check with some 1 else's GPU and see if ur system boots up.

^^ we don't kno if the bios is the problem, cause usually when one goofs up in the bios...they well kno that they goofed up...here me thinks its just a simple case of gpu blowing up....lets wait for the results tho :)

hi
As for your problems , i think your motherboard is shorting and you need to follow some steps for checjing it
1.Take your mobo out of the cabinet and dissconnect everything except your cpu heat sink and the processor
2. Then take the ram firlmy seat it in and then connect the power supply .Remember dont connect anything and while connecting place your mobo place it on a register or some insulating material(sheet ) .
3.If this dosen't work try the above procedure with first reamoving the bios batteries .

If you still dont have it working change the ram
And still you can't make it work leave it there sor dometime in the wrecked condition like 6 hrs wittout the battery and it should work (It did for me ,I really don't know how )

^^ His RAM his fine....problem definitely seems either mobo gone kaput or the onboard gpu....still waiting to hear from him

and guess he's gonna RMA his board...thats good too

hey my mobo is still under warranty. i live in delhi, someone please give da details of intel service centre

go to the dealer u got it from...he'll give it to u

well if ur mobo wasnt fried it comes under the warranty

Intel Service is pretty decent, a member here got his mb back in 3 days flat...so lets see

Back