Help PC rig!! Very urgent!! 48hrs

soulman

Disciple
Urgent help needed guys, I am posting for the sake of my frnd!! He needs big help as he is buying a rig within 48 hours or 2 days! He needs a good quad core rig amd for normal usage and later upgrade to GPU- ATI 5770 and he shortlisted it and the dealer told him the price also, anyways will filll out the template, so that you wont get confused.
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Multimedia,
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:YES
3. What is your MAX budget?
A:35-40k (plz tell the best price, doesnt mean you should quote at full 40k)
4. Planning to overclock?
A:NO
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:Windows 7
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:1 TB
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A:1920 x 1080
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:Me 6, my frnd 1
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:local assembly guy
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:within 48 hrs
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:YES
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:NO keyboard, NO mouse, NO speakers but want UPS
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:KARNATAKA , udipi
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:He has shortlisted some things and he wants the following for sure

AMD Arhlon X4 635
MSI 880GMA E-45 or Gigabyte 785GMT-USB3 ( because its future proof both mobo offer USB3 and sata 6 Gbps)

BenQ G2220
Seagate 1 TB 7200 rpm
2 GB ram Kingston DDR3
Zebronics Bijli
PSU corsair vx450

The dealer told him it would cost 35k , is it good price also the frnd will upgrade in 8 months to MSI 5770 and 2GB more ram, will the PSU and bijli cabinet help him out. also are the Mobo he mentioned good for watching blu ray content with built in IGP until he gets 5770 in 8 months
plzzz help !!! he has to buy rig in 48 hours

Change the case from Zebronics Bijli to a NZXT gamma trust me its worth the difference... or even a cheaper coolermaster case...

Forget kingston... Get corsair/G-skill/OCZ RAM instead... also try and get 4GB if u want to future proof ur system... 1333Mhz DDR3 ram should do nicely...

U should be able to play blu-rays easily with the onboard graphics...

Even with these changes ur budget should still not go over 40k... :D

I think you should go for Phenom II 945 @ ~ 7000 as your friend won't be ugrading any time soon.

As i get this budget does't include the cost of HD5770 ( correct me if i am wrong) if so your cost won't go upwards 40K

soulman said:
AMD Arhlon X4 635

MSI 880GMA E-45 or Gigabyte 785GMT-USB3 ( because its future proof both mobo offer USB3 and sata 6 Gbps)

BenQ G2220

Seagate 1 TB 7200 rpm

2 GB ram Kingston DDR3

Zebronics Bijli

PSU corsair vx450

The dealer told him it would cost 35k , is it good price also the frnd will upgrade in 8 months to MSI 5770 and 2GB more ram, will the PSU and bijli cabinet help him out. also are the Mobo he mentioned good for watching blu ray content with built in IGP until he gets 5770 in 8 months
plzzz help !!! he has to buy rig in 48 hours
AMD Arhlon X4 635 5k

MSI 880GMA E-45/Gigabyte 785GMT-USB3 5.7k

BenQ G2220 ~8k

Seagate 1 TB 7200 rpm 3.3k

2 GB ram Kingston DDR3 ~2.5k

Zebronics Bijli 1.1k

PSU corsair vx450 3.7k

this rig is not even close to 35k

what is the budget?....is he gonna OC??..

here's one

amd x4 955BE 8k (if he's gonna oc) / 945 7k

gigabyte 890gpa-ud3h ~ 9.5k / gigabyte 785gmt usb3 5.6k

BenQ G2220 ~8k

Seagate 1 TB 7200 rpm 3.3k

G. Skill F3-cl9 kit 2gb x 2 10600 5.2k

PSU corsair vx450 3.7k

nzxt gamma case 2.2k

sriharsha said:
well, there's certainly a template for "TE"... please follow it for easy follow up and this is the general guide every one follows http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buying-advice/techenclave-indian-technology-community-pc-buying-169928.html by DA

good luck
sorry for the wrong template

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

varunversion1 said:
Change the case from Zebronics Bijli to a NZXT gamma trust me its worth the difference... or even a cheaper coolermaster case...

Forget kingston... Get corsair/G-skill/OCZ RAM instead... also try and get 4GB if u want to future proof ur system... 1333Mhz DDR3 ram should do nicely...

U should be able to play blu-rays easily with the onboard graphics...

Even with these changes ur budget should still not go over 40k... :D
Yeah, he went on your suggestion! thanks

Back