Monitors Help please. Dying Monitor or Onboard GPU?

hash

Adept
Hello,

I'm having this problem on my CRT monitor. I don't know how to explain it so I've shown an image of the screen being kind of pulling at the ends of each charecter . Everything was fine all this time . Is it cause of the speaker which was quite near it? But nothing happened for a year or is it beacause I make the monitor Turn off every 3 minutes if there's no activity?

I've moved the speaker now and updated drivers to latest ones. But still no help.

Please help guys.Thanks.

awrc.jpg

a screenshot is not going to look faulty from the otherside..

take a photograph and post..

and if the screen is looking like being pulled... and some colour change in the side where speaker is placed then it's mostly the issue of crt being under magnetic field.

post a camera picture.

Aww....I don't have a camera !

But I have a zoomed in and made the background color white for it to be more visible.

And the problem still persists even after I removed the speaker

82833193.jpg

You see those small black thingy after the avatar and the text?

hash said:
Aww....I don't have a camera !

But I have a zoomed in and made the background color white for it to be more visible.

And the problem still persists even after I removed the speaker

82833193.jpg

You see those small black thingy after the avatar and the text?

post a picture not screenshot since the problem is either onboard video chip or monitor and not with the picture........only u will see the dots, stretches and all other wont

Since the screenshot is fine, i suspect monitor is the culprit. Also, because CRTs DO get affected highly by nearby magnetic field (speakers)

1 more prerequisite:

Right Click on desktop

Properties (Display properties)

Appearance

Effects

Use the following method for smoothening of fonts -> Select "Standard" (Was this set to Clear Type?)

Any improvement now?

Screenshot = data being sent to the card. No way of the PC knowing what the final output is like. The problem could still be with either.

Needs a pic.

screen shot = display buffer,

or area from where monitor reads,

in intel architecture (or IBM PC) its memory mapped IO, so regardless of its on RAM in gpu card or main memory its same ..

its o/p of the card..

Back