Help. Please tell me what I need

hash

Adept
Hello
I use my desktop and my friend uses a Laptop we want to share the connection and Airtel offered a Modem(With Wifi & ethernet) @ Rs 1500 which will be taken away when the connection is disconnected. But that's a bad deal taking it away when the connection is disconnected. So I wanted to buy my own.

Now here's the problem , I hit the ITWares store and I find 'Wireless Router' and 'Wireless Router+Modem' which costs double. Which one of these do I actually need guys ? Please advice if I rent it from Airtel or worth buying my own. Help,please.

Is the 1500/- a deposit or a one time payment?

They must be having a monthly rental scheme as well. Get that..

OR

you could rent a modem alone from airtel and get your own router for around 1500/-

better get the airtel provided wifi modem man. It has 4 ethernet ports too. I am using it and it works fine with my e71 and my laptop. they will provide support for the modem and give u free replacements onsite till u r using their connection. Moreover you are not going to disconnect it in the near future because their service/cc is awesome. if you purchase a 3rd party one it will cost you 2 times this price. So better stick on to their modem...

Back