PC Peripherals Help - RAM Purchase from Memory-Configurator.com

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Need help from members who purchased RAM from Memory-Configurator.com.

I have to purchase a 2 GB Kit for my new Asus P5W DH Dlx and soon to be purchased E6600 :D . RAM is pretty costly in India right now and good DDR2 800MHz is rarely available. So considering a purchase from Memory-Configurator.

So can someone tell me how they purchased their RAM. I have a SBI Credit Card (Also have a HSBC Card, but its expired and a new one is on its way). Can I make the purchase directly through the card or do I have to get a PayPal account. If I have to use PayPal, how do I go about it.

BTW I am considering these two kits.

2 GB CellShock DDR2 PC2-8000 1000MHz (5-5-5-15)

2 GB Team DDR2 PC2-6400 Xtreem Micron (4-4-4-10)

Cant afford anything better at the moment. Also I am concerned about the warranty. If I get faulty RAM or it goes faulty after a while what can I do about it? Do I have to ship it back to them for replacement?

I would have prefered to purchase from India for the warranty, but the best deal I could find in India is for the OCZ Gold 667 MHz Kit which would be a pity on a P5W DH.

OCZ Gold 2 GB PC2-5300 DDR2 RAM

AFAIK the 667 3-3-3 TG ram overclocks better than their 800 4-4-4 ram. If you can afford the cellshock, there's nothing else that'll touch it hehe.

Cellshock is simply too expensive. Go for teamgroup xtreem. Those are very good chips, at that price its the best deal on memoryc.

And you can directly order using credit card. With paypal is faster by 1 day thats all difference it makes.

Ok, Thanks.. :) one day delay wouldnt matter to me. I would order by credit card.

How/whom do I ask to get the RAM undervalued so that I have minimum custom duties ?

Suppose I order the RAM and I am not available at the time to receive the delivery personally, do they give it to some one else. Right now I am in Hyderabad and suppose I give my Chandigarh address for the delivery, would they deliver it to my House partner there if I am not available ?

Need some opinions on the 2GB OCZ Kit available in India as well. Its not Micron D9 but, came across some reviews where its said that this kit has decent OC potential and does 800MHz and higher at CL4 with minor increase in voltage.

Chaos said:
First find out if its actually available or if its a typo :p.

I already confirmed from IT Depot, Thats why I am asking...:D
Heres the response I got from IT Depot.

Hi

The OCZ memory that is in stock for immediate dispatch is as follows

OCZ26672048ELDCGE-K

This is a kit comprising of two of the following

PC2 5400-1024MB EL Dual Channel Gold Edition.

This product is on sale at the price mentioned on the store. It was previously priced at Rs 15000.

Sameday shipping is possible for in stock products. This feature will be updated on our siteshortly.

Please let us know if you need further information

Thank You

regards
Customer Service

Ok, Back to Square one...:hap5: Heres another mail from IT Depot...

Hi

I am sorry there was a mistake in pricing. The DDR2 module is not on sale. Only the DDR gaming modules are on SALE. There is therefore a price change on the DDR2 which will be reflected shortly on the site.

Yes. There were compatability of some OCZ memory modules on the ASUS motherboards. Please double check before placing an order. Goods once sold cannot be replaced for incompatibility problems.

Thank You

Will probably order the CellShock DDR2 1000Mhz 5-5-5 Kit from Memory-Configurator tomorrow.

lord_nemesis said:
Ok, Back to Square one...:hap5: Heres another mail from IT Depot...
Will probably order the CellShock DDR2 1000Mhz 5-5-5 Kit from Memory-Configurator tomorrow.

lol now this is lame :p first they confrim via email about the sale price and now this

the cellshock cl5 will do well get them :hap2:

Back