[HELP] recommend a LAPTOP for me

toinkyz

Recruit
My dad agreed to buy a laptop for me as a graduation gift. He said he'll buy it by the month of February. He decided to buy it in Riyadh because he works there and laptops are way cheaper there than here in our country. He also doesn't want to buy anything online so can you please give me some local stores there where he can buy it.

I'll be using it primarily with Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Cinema 4D, 3D Studio Max and Corel Painter and having a High-Resolution would be a convenience.

Please guys I need some recommendations regarding the following specs:
Processor: at least Intel Core i3-370M or higher
Memory: at least 4GB
HDD: at least 320GB SATA or higher (preferably 7200rpm but 5400rpm would still be fine)
Graphics Card: at least an nVidia GeForce 310M or higher with 1GB vRAM (I need something that supports CUDA)
Optical Drive: DVD +/- RW
Screen Size: 14" to 16"
Screen Resolution: I really want to have at least 1440x900 or 1600x900 or higher (this is really important)
Budget: maximum of SR 3,040 which is equivalent to PHP35k in our country

I saw this Asus K42JC-VX116V promo on jarir through their website, I really like it except for its 1366x768 screen resolution. I saw it Mid-October and now I'm not sure if it is still available because I cannot see it in their website recently.

I've already searched but I can't find a laptop with 1440x900/1600x900 resolution that fits our budget so I opted to ask for your help guys.

Please guys post your recommendations here together with the specs and the price and the store where it is available.

Thanks! Hoping for your help guys :)

Please , don'y buy HP , I have bought dv5-1015tx,2 yrs back..had a lot of troble for parts replacement.
Their service is very poor too,
You can go for dell has a good build quality...browse the dell india website & select yr model..
you wont have problem becouse u are not interested in better graphics card...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Following is the link of selected models according to yr needs with rates at dell india:
Find a Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Server, Printer, Software, Service, Monitor or TV at Dell. | Dell India

If you need better graphics and sound quality go for msi laptops
But you need to spend some more money..

link for msi laptops as follows:
MSI Global ? Gaming Series Laptop, 3D Graphics Card, Overclocking, Best for Gaming!

I won't suggest the exact model but do opt for Acer..... A Core i5 with discrete graphics would be nice.

Acer offers Internatonal Traveller's Warranty so if something happens to ur lappy here in India, u can get it fixed from the Indian Acer Service Centre. :)

I normally suggest Dell to everyone (it's my preferred brand) but I am not sure about Dell offering International Warranty. :S

Back