Help regarding moto defy

amd3000

Disciple
Hey friends i have got this Defy which i bought from my friend who then moved to galaxy s plus. This is my first android.

so i thought lets speed it up first.

I have rooted it using superoneclickroot or something, but i forgot to unmount the sd card !! wanted to know what may happen if unnmount the sd card... why do we unmount exactly ?

Unmounting the SD card is basically done so that certain files in the SD card don't interfere with the rooting process performed on your phone

There are certain invisible folders like "android_secure" which contain files and it might cause a problem later on while installing certain applications onto your phone

Hence,its better to remove/unmount the SD card during the rooting process....

If you face problems installing certain apps(Any particular app) then first umount the SD card and then install that app n it will work :)

I have been using Defy for the past 8-9 months or so and i must say its one hell of a piece....

Plus you get an excellent ROM support for defy :)

Indeed, I am using defy for around 3 months and its my first android phone too... hell of a piece, dont worry, if you have done it wrong, simpl uninstall superuser and do it again in a proper way..

Thnx buddy for replying, if u r using defy for 9 months wanted to ask you if u suggest I should go for cm7 or stick to stick to stock froyo. thnx in advance for replying to both of u.

amd3000 said:
Thnx buddy for replying, if u r using defy for 9 months wanted to ask you if u suggest I should go for cm7 or stick to stick to stock froyo. thnx in advance for replying to both of u.

Honestly,if your afraid of getting your defy messed up then use the stock froyo for 10-15 days and then revert to a custom rom

I'm sure,u'll start hating the stock rom after a week(maybe a week is too long) :p

Plus MotoBlur sucks bigtime,i myself find it laggy and unresponsive at times.....

If u ask me,Custom rom is ur best bet,i installed CM7 within just 2 days of purchasing my defy....coz i was confortable with handling android devices(Had an LG O1 previously)

Custom roms give you better performance against stock roms

And another secret,our defy CANNOT be bricked in ANY condition so if u mess up during the custom rom installation process no need to worry,just restart the process :cool2:

So,bindass ho ke install CM7.1.0.11 by Quarx from XDA(Provided ur currently on froyo,CM7 doesn't work with the Eclair Kernel)

Another good news is,the CM development team is now porting ICS for Defy,I'm currently using the ICS test release(CM9),you can start with CM7 atm... :hap2:

For any furthur doubts don't hesitate to ask,we are here to help :)

ya i mean the phase for hating stock has started i believe :p.. i mean man its daam laggy at times.. but i like the swype keyboard and multi touch keyboard of android, its android keyboard by the way? or from moto's stable.. will do that this sat... Is stable build good for nightly one.. i mean how many bugs r there in nightly ? also.. one more question.. will my n series wifi router work on cm7 .. i have heard wifi sucks bigtime in cm7??

You can always download swype even on CM7 from beta.swype.com and the android keyboard is by default included....

Nightly builds are updated regular but not all builds have changes so u can either go for nightly builds or CM7 by Quarx(7.1.0.11 is stable)

And yes,wifi works flawless on CM7,i never faced any wifi probs on any CM builds not even the beta release...

So go for it buddy !!

dont go for nightly built atm.. since you are new user, get used to on custom roms, then go for nigtly.. i will be installing Miui after my sem is over (within a week) and then redginger, motoginger etc.. and after tha i will be going for nightly builts

thnx friends!! will try dat later...

n ya... there i a festive offer going on paid apps in android market !!!
u r getting it almost free i mean seriously.. like in 5-6 rs.. man aweosme... lots of good apps and games free ( full version ) just purchased couple of then for 5.50 rs hehe

do try..

lll_aritra_lll said:
dont go for nightly built atm.. since you are new user, get used to on custom roms, then go for nigtly.. i will be installing Miui after my sem is over (within a week) and then redginger, motoginger etc.. and after tha i will be going for nightly builts
Ahaa... A ROM hopper like me ;) Installed every rom that was available for defy several times over... Defy was my first android too...I think WIUI as the best one I used...

Btw, ADW EX is available for 5 bucks.. A damn steal IMHO...

Sent from my MIUI'ED UP ATRIX using Tapatalk

Back