Help Req in choosing Good phone for 7k -8k

sandy453

Adept
My 3 year old phone gave up on me .:( .Planning to get a new phone.Requirements are basic calling and FM only.The phone should be sleek and sexy.:eek:hyeah: I dont use any of the other features much .Zeored in on W200i .What do you guys think abt this phone?.Any better phone can be purchased in this range.

nokia 5300 is better than w200i. almost same price but with better screen , better camera.

if u can extend budget to 10k then 6300 is definately better than the two.

there are a lot of phones in this range...tht shud serve your needs..W200,W300, Z550i, Nokia 5300, Nokia 6131..if u go a bit higher around 9-10k then there is the SE W700i, Nokia 6233 and 6300...

Neways if u wanna stick to this budget then i think w200i is a good phone to buy...as it more than matches your requirements..but mind you, it comes with the m2 memory card which is a costly thing to buy shud you need more space..prolly u'll have to be happy with the 128 mb card supplied with this phone...

The Z550i comes at a similar price but it is a better overall phone with a 1.3 mp cam, a better 256k 176x220 display than the w200i's 65k 128x160 res unit..only problem in getting the z550i is tht u'll have to buy the datacable and mem card separately..cos the mem card supplied with it is only 64 mb, i think.. the w200i will probably come with the datacable...

Private Ryan said:
there are a lot of phones in this range...tht shud serve your needs..W200,W300, Z550i, Nokia 5300, Nokia 6131..if u go a bit higher around 9-10k then there is the SE W700i, Nokia 6233 and 6300...

Neways if u wanna stick to this budget then i think w200i is a good phone to buy...as it more than matches your requirements..but mind you, it comes with the m2 memory card which is a costly thing to buy shud you need more space..prolly u'll have to be happy with the 128 mb card supplied with this phone...

The Z550i comes at a similar price but it is a better overall phone with a 1.3 mp cam, a better 256k 176x220 display than the w200i's 65k 128x160 res unit..only problem in getting the z550i is tht u'll have to buy the datacable and mem card separately..cos the mem card supplied with it is only 64 mb, i think.. the w200i will probably come with the datacable...

dont u think out of all thses 5300 is right choice? QVGA screen, 2mp camera, smart looking :)

w200 screen resolution is really outdated as well as z550i. qvga is a must these days.

Thanks Techpal nd Ryan for you valuable suggestions

nokia 5300 is better than w200i. almost same price but with better screen , better camera.if u can extend budget to 10k then 6300 is definately better than the two.

Agreed .Its not sleek and sexy so it made me to opt this one out.

Thanks for pointing that out.I hadnt thought abt that .I am not going to

use it for playing songs .I have heard that w200i screen is shitty. How much

does a m2 memory card cost?

My basic requirement is calling and Music.I use iPod +EP-630 for my music and video needs.The reason for me going w200i is that they have good headset which will give a very good FM listening experience .You guys know of any phone which I can use EP-630 with and comes in the above range.

sandy453 said:
Thanks Techpal nd Ryan for you valuable suggestions

Agreed .Its not sleek and sexy so it made me to opt this one out.
Thanks for pointing that out.I hadnt thought abt that .I am not going to

use it for playing songs .I have heard that w200i screen is shitty. How much

does a m2 memory card cost?

My basic requirement is calling and Music.I use iPod +EP-630 for my music and video needs.The reason for me going w200i is that they have good headset which will give a very good FM listening experience .You guys know of any phone which I can use EP-630 with and comes in the above range.

screen of w800 is really not that good 1.8" 128x160 res.

camera is also vga so no point getting it .

well 6233 is available for around 9k and u can use EP 630 with it. 6233 rocks in this price range with QVGA screen. 2mp camera, stereo speakers(so u can enjoy FM even more) ,best phone available in price range upto 9k.

Samsung E250 is crappy...battery backup is so bad :S eva if u talk for 10 mins half of da batt is gone no joke 2 of my frnz using it and cursing samsung bcoz of de battery...Buddy if u can then get urself Nokia 6233 nothin beats that fone in 9k range not eva a 10k fone can beat that bi*tch.its an awesome fone.if cant shell more then 7-8 k then get urself W200 its a pretty decent fone...da only thin i hate bout it is lack of bluetooth else everythin is good...BETTER THEN 5300 as far as i m concerned!!

^^Samsung and LG are an absolute no no.. i think the w200 suits his needs for fm and calls.. if bluetooth is so required then get the z550..its availabe for the same price..

Techpal said:
dont u think out of all thses 5300 is right choice? QVGA screen, 2mp camera, smart looking

The 5300 has 1.3 mp cam..;) But anyways, its also a good buy after the price reduction..the looks of this phone is a 50-50 thing..some love it n some just cant stand it..i probably belong to the latter..looks like a soapcase to me..:p

also there have been a few issues with its slider..in fact its one of the worst sliders out there...very loose and prone to problems.. just pray to god u r not the unlucky one, if u buy it...;)

well well today only i got the price of K750i which is arnd 7-8k,this fone has been arnd for quite while now but it has all da juice,think bout it as it has got de best 2MP cam,good music player,looks good,good battery backup etc.i recommend this fone for sure.for 8k hah u wont get anythin close to this.but i m pretty sure SE gonna Discontinue this fone vry soon thats why price hav dropped so much.

^ Yeah i heard they'v already stopped in india. Only whatever stock remains is on sale ( tho i wouldn rely on this source too much :p)

Yeah ankit eva i wont intill and unless SE gonna announce that it has been discontinued,it is easily available in sonyworld pune,raipur.by da way i wonder u got 750i :eek:hyeah: isnt it?

Thanks for all your replies .Had been busy past few days.No time buy the phone :(.Reps for those members whose post helped.BTW ,somebody could help me with the reps . :p I am not finding any button for reps :ashamed: .Did a search on TE ,came up this as the first search result.:rofl:
Reps - FunEnclave

Ae man, u r the same sandy ( i mean Sandeep) from FE or wot?? :S

Lol..if u r serious and still didnt figure out how to rep then, click the 'Tarazu' u see on the extreme right, top corner of every post..click on it to add reps for any member post u found useful...:p

Back