CPU/Mobo Help required in selecting a motherboard

coolkally

Disciple
Hi All,

I am planning to upgrade my system.And i need your help in selecting a perfect motherboard for the below mentioned configuration.
I have finalised on the below mentioned components:-
1. Intel Quad Core Q6600
2. Kingston 2x2 Gb 800MHz Ram
3. Palit Raedon HD 4850 512MB .
4. 600W/650W CoolerMaster

I have fixed a budget of around 7-10k for the Mobo. Please suggest some suitable model which will be capable supporting the above and will ensure good O.C. capabilities as well. I need to confirm on a model urgently and I am unable to do so. So please help.

TIA

if ready to shell 10ks....then asus p5q pro...would be the best choice...

also if u can get the gigabyte p45 ud3p for less than 10k nothing like it..

finally..my personal fav..ill be buyin this one for my rig...for 7.5 ks..

vfm...the biostar tpi45..best ocers for core 2 duos...does a net job wid the quads too and very feature rich....

also wud recommend gettin a corsair vx 450....or cooler master real power 550..

instead of the extreme power series..they r very crappy..and might prove to be a bottleneck for ur system....
also y kingston ram?..ne particular model?..i think corsair xms2 4gigs are great..goin for arnd 2.8ks and ..corsairs legendary warranty.....or get gskil pi black from kmd....

Thanks for the suggestions. Just one quick question.

Will the Corsair VX 450 suffice the power requirements for Palit Raedon HD 4850 512MB . I thought it required 650watts. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also please clarify the price for corsair xms2. 2.8k is for one stick of 2gigs, if I am not mistaken.

see if you can get the Gigabyte P45 UD3P from KMD for less than 10k.that would be the the best choice i suppose.

but incase you planning to get a core contact freezer ..there are problems mounting the same on UD3P. :)

other than that P5Q Pro is also a good choice ..and ive heard even the Rashi services has improved to a great extent.

so warranty \RMA shouldn't be a problem for ASUS products now.

Power supply.

VX 450 should be more than sufficient for a single HD 4850

i myself using one along with Q6600+P5Q PRO and 2 HDD's.

no problems faced.

but incase you plan to go crossfire with another HD 4850 later on get a 650TX or HX620 from Corsair.

VX 450 is sufficient though,if you are ona lower budget.:hap2:

@OP: if you are talking about the CM extreme power one then it is nothing more than an overrated 500w PSU which is miles behind the corsair one in terms of efficiency and capacity. you can search the forums for CM extreme power 650W to see the high regard the peeps here have for that particular piche of c***p :p

the vx450 is sufficient to handle any single GPU solution available in the market today coupled with a well balanced rig.

coolkally said:
Hi All,

I am planning to upgrade my system.And i need your help in selecting a perfect motherboard for the below mentioned configuration.
I have finalised on the below mentioned components:-
1. Intel Quad Core Q6600
2. Kingston 2x2 Gb 800MHz Ram
3. Palit Raedon HD 4850 512MB .
4. 600W/650W CoolerMaster

I have fixed a budget of around 7-10k for the Mobo. Please suggest some suitable model which will be capable supporting the above and will ensure good O.C. capabilities as well. I need to confirm on a model urgently and I am unable to do so. So please help.

TIA
Go for--1.EP45UD3R-9000/
2.MSI 4850/512-9250/
3.COOLER MASTER SILENT PRO M600W-6300/
4.RAM-OCZ/PATRIOT/CORSIAR-800 MHZ

Any p45 motherboard will do since you are going to OC on stock cooler only so it really doesn't matter.

On stock it might go to 3.2 but with a good cooler it will go to 3.6 on a motherboard like P5Q pro.

Back