Storage Solutions Help: Seagate RMA, conflicting status between Accel and Segate

StillWaters

Disciple
Hey Guys,

Anyone familiar or expert with Segate RMA process, please help me out. My 500GB Segate Barracuda drive has failed. I submitted the same to Accel Frontline Office in Nehru Place on 10th April. I checked the status today and found that my Warranty claim was rejected with the status "Ready for Return - Initial Wty Check Failed". The reason mentioned was "NOT VALID INDIA DRIVE".

I am really surprised, as I had bought the HDD in Dec, 2008 and it has 5 years warranty. When I check the warranty status on Seagte website, it indicates that the HDD is "In Warranty - Expiration 17-Nov-2013". And for RMA it indicates "In Warranty - Please return directly to Seagate."

If I try to check warranty status on Accel Frontline website, it says " No records found".

I am really confused how to proceed. I had bought the HDD along with a full set of components from #[member='SMC-International'] in Nehru Place, from whom I had got the whole PC assembled. I have the original receipt, but it just mentioned HDD and not the model or serial number.

Any ideas how I can solve this issue?

Thanks,

StillWaters

Even i bought 500gb seagate in oct 2008 from nehru place. I have RMAed it twice with accel without any problem. Call up the accel centre and inquire from them manually.

Thanks,

I called up Accel Center and they say that drive is not a valid India drive and asked me to call up Seagate center in Singapore. Seagate center agent could not help much and told me to go to the vendor from whom I had bought the drive. Since I had bought it from SMC, I am now trying to reach them, but their listed phone number doesn't work
cry.gif

Anyone here knows contact number of #[member='SMC-International'] in Nehru Place? The number listed on SMC website, +91-11-46515363, doesn't seem to be working.

Cheers,

Still

Back