Help, something blocking website/ youtube/ news channels/file sharing sites.

I am having severe problem in slow web browsing many sites since last 4-5 days reported the matter to airtel, they say from our side everything is fine, which is true since I can download from our ftp normally, I tried using torrent that too works fine so there is NO blocking from airtel side but they are also clueless about this problem.

the sites are as follows

all news channel (live streaming)

video wont load at all, or will run for few secs then stop & nothing will move on further

youtube

video wont load at all, or will run for few secs then stop & nothing will move on further or its painfully slow

image hosting site

image uploader wont show up after refreshing many times it shows then start uploading but wont load fully & aborts.

file sharing site

all major sites wont load I cant upload or download, it starts but painfully slow & aborts after few mins as if something resets the connection then it cant resume.

& many general websites like discovery/national geography etc,

other general sites load but hangs then I have refresh many times

Virus scan is clean

I have scanned the PC for virus, KIS reports nothing, I then switched off the KIS completely assuming some setting might be blocking sites, but that did not help at all.

Hijack log is clean shows nothing suspicious accept that it reports some file missing.

Updated all extensions of firefox as well as the browser to latest 6.02 nothing solved the problem. Flash plugin also updated.

I have tried with 3 browsers all have these same problems hence I booted into safe mode with networking & suddenly all is working fine as if there is no problem at all, all sites work & I can upload & download normally without any problem.

I then used my laptop on airtel connection directly & that too works fine without any issue so the conclusion is that MY PC has some problem which I cant find what is the issue which is blocking so many sites & making the browsing speed too slow.

I also use spybot which blocks all suspicious websites but that hasn't ever created any problem in past.

Can you see any probable cause? One this is sure that the problem is at the PC level only.

Need help else I will have no option but to reformat.

well sadly ur helpless coz ur using failtel:p

Anyways, change the dns to google dns and have a go

chk updates for shockwave

scan pc with malwatebytes antimalware

chk if u have a firewall which is blocking the connections

last not least format the pc

Finally found the problem was something to do with my KIS license expired, it seems kaspersky forces you to renew license. I updated to KIS 2012 & all turned well, nothing is getting blocked video streaming is working fine, youtube news channel all back to normal.

I thought KIS expired will at least work but not update virus definition but seems kaspersky intentionally started blocking these sites. This is the 2nd time I faced this problem with kaspersky.

Back