Audio [HELP] Suggest 2.1 PC speakers, budget 10K

harisubs

Disciple
Hi all,

I have been using the AL ATP3 for the last 6 years. I feel like upgrading now.
I am not exactly an audiophile, but I can make out subtle differences. My priority is mainly music. I listen to wide variety of music ranging from blues, classic rock, Indian film music right up to Carnatic stuff. :)
I am a little bit into composing too (using software sequencers). These are predominantly piano, strings, flute based. For the composing I had to use my Headphones, but in the end, the listening is strictly ok through the ATP3. Not used a separate sound card till now. Looking at the ASUS XONAR essence STX in a few months from now or probably an external Sound Card like Tascam ones for recording purposes.

I lean a little bit towards bass. I like tight punchy bass, not the ones which just goes boom boom and drowns out the rest of the music. But I suppose it can be tweaked to an extent.
The speakers which I heard about are the MX6021, Logitech Z623, Edifier C3 and the Corsair Sp2500
Not heard any of these speakers though.
- I liked the old AL MX5021. I also heard the MX6021 does match up to it.
- I understand that the Z623 is not exactly a worthy successor to the Z2300.
- I also have been hearing about the Corsair SP2500 ones. A little out of my budget but I can go for them if they serve my purpose well.
- Heard that the bass is a little weak in the C3. Not sure though.

I am a little confused. Can anyone suggest me which speakers I should get to for the above mentioned purpose? Budget remains 10K, can stretch upto 15K if its totally worth it.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks for input simmy! Been reading a little bit more. Heard a lot about the Audioengine A5. Was considering stretching my budget.

I have the weirdest of confusions now. I would like to select between the Corsair Sp2500 and Audioengine A5. I understand that probably these two speakers are not comparable. I have this thing for deep punchy bass.

If I get the Corsair, I suppose it would do the job for 2-3 years.

If I get the A5, I thought I could get the AS8 subwoofer later on (much later on though).

The unfortunate thing is I have not heard either of these speakers and have no idea where to audition them!

What do you guys suggest?

Please help me out in coming to a conclusion.

Any places in Bangalore where I could check either of these out?

so u are confused between A5 and SP2500

For music A5 will win over SP2500, but for movies and games SP2500 is better because of it's sub-woofer. It's u who need to decide ur priority.

abhi_jollyguy said:
so u are confused between A5 and SP2500

For music A5 will win over SP2500, but for movies and games SP2500 is better because of it's sub-woofer. It's u who need to decide ur priority.

That is where my confusion creeps in! Will the Sp2500 be a big compromise over the musical abilities of A5?

The best way to find out your taste is to go out and have some demos of these units.

On the long run AE5 + sub will be a better option hands down.

But only after you buy the AE sub you are going to get the room shaking bass. The SP2500 can deliver that to you right now since it comes with its own sub at much less cost.

I have auditioned the SP2500, it is the best multimedia 2.1 speaker set currently available in India for a PC. Personally I found its sound very good with thumping bass.

Buy the way I am a basshead too.:)

At the end you have to make up your mind & your budget, for me within INR 15K, SP2500 is good & if i am going to cash out above 30K, i will go in a separate amp + floorstanders combo.

Best of luck.:)

RishiGuru said:
The best way to find out your taste is to go out and have some demos of these units.

On the long run AE5 + sub will be a better option hands down.

But only after you buy the AE sub you are going to get the room shaking bass. The SP2500 can deliver that to you right now since it comes with its own sub at much less cost.

I have auditioned the SP2500, it is the best multimedia 2.1 speaker set currently available in India for a PC. Personally I found its sound very good with thumping bass.

Buy the way I am a basshead too.:)

At the end you have to make up your mind & your budget, for me within INR 15K, SP2500 is good & if i am going to cash out above 30K, i will go in a separate amp + floorstanders combo.

Best of luck.:)

Thanks Rishiguru. The fact that people are vouching for the sp2500 is tempting me to go for it. Also, it is easily available+ Corsair support. Wifey likes loads of bass too!

But the way people go on about the A5... me being a musician. Tough call for me.

Wouldn't a really good amp and floor standers cost quite a lot? Above 50K for starters?

@harisubs

If u are going for the separate AMP and Speakers so let me tell u that u will need speaker cables too, interconnects too and not to forget A DAC too to get the best out of it which will cost u more than 50k with ease. Also if ur budget is 50k for the separate AMP and speakers so I recommend u to buy bookshelves or standmounts at this price point as at this price a stand mount or bookshelves will be better than the floorstanders. Also it all comes down to the listening area in which u are going to set-up this stereo system. :)

abhi_jollyguy said:
@harisubs

If u are going for the separate AMP and Speakers so let me tell u that u will need speaker cables too, interconnects too and not to forget A DAC too to get the best out of it which will cost u more than 50k with ease. Also if ur budget is 50k for the separate AMP and speakers so I recommend u to buy bookshelves or standmounts at this price point as at this price a stand mount or bookshelves will be better than the floorstanders. Also it all comes down to the listening area in which u are going to set-up this stereo system. :)

Uh! I am not looking at the amp/speaker/dac setup now. Was just curiously asking.

I think I will make do with corsair sp2500 for now and upgrade probably 2-3 years down the line.

Back