Help to buy a new PC

prasanthsd

Disciple
Mar 29, 2009
1. Q: What is your budget?
1. 20k. but can spend up to 30k depending on the VFM i get out of the hardware
2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
1. CPU - amd athlon x2 3600+
2. Motherboard - MSI
3. GPU - onboard
4. RAM - 512MB
5. Monitor - Samsung 22"
3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
1. Monitor
2. HDD, Keyboard/ mouse and all that junk
4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
1. CPU
2. Motherboard (with onboard video and audio. thats very important as i dont play games.)
3. RAM - Either 4GB. Or buy 2GB and add 2 later
4. SMPS/cabinet. (I dont really want the expensive ones. But might buy if absolutely required)
5. UPS

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
1. No wont be upgrading in a few years but might as well add some components.
7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
1. No
8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
1. running some heavy apps/multitasking
2. music, browsing etc.
9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
1. Dont really care but everything has to be reliable. I dont want stuff that heats up too much. I want them to run for like some next 5 years.
10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
NA
11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1. 1920x1080
12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
1. No
13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
1. Windows 7 64 bit
2. Linux