Security Software Help!! trojan attack..

Styx

Skilled
guys this really $ucks....ive avg installed n updated with Zone alarm premium n still i got my pc infected with this trojan last nite...:no:
it has created a mess in my system32 folder...:mad:

i have scanned sys32 coupla times with avg each time it scans it detects n moves the files to virus vault n deletes them.
But these again appear next time i open the folder n it doesnt make a diff. even if i manually delete them..
the files it creates:
winter.exe
bronto.dll
skuns.dat

ive managed to delete the winter.exe file somehow..
i also ran Hijackthis n tried deletin a entry associated as skuns.dat but it shows a error..
then i tried deletin this entry through regedit i got it deleted but it again appears next time i open regedit..

avg detects this infection as a trojan horse...shud a try some trojan removers..please suggest some if yes..

get urself the Trojan Remover latest version

and incase u know the link to the infected file then, open ur comp in safe mode and delete it otherwise try opening that file in notepad and deleting all of its contents and saving it

but i suggest the Trojan Remover

Also a possible way to remove some replicating Trojans... turn off system restore, this keeps files for restoration in the "System Volume Information" folder... this is also a place where a lot of Trojans keep backup copies of themselves. If you turn off system restore off it will delete all the files in there, then turn it back on afterwards if you want to. But do this after you have cleaned the system with a virus/Trojan cleaner 1st and before you reboot.

and how did u get that premium firewall and antivirus , if they are warez , it easily could be modified to itself carry a payload .

try some free stuff and clean it off .

1. Uninstall AVG Antivirus

2. Download & install Avira AntiVir personal free edition.

3. Update the virus definitions

4. Restart Windows in "safe mode".

5. Now scan full PC.

thanx guys for ur support...
i installed trojan hunter...n it looks like it solved the problem.
thanks anyways...

Back