Help - Upgrading from iOS 3.1.2 to iOS 4

Amaresh

Adept
Hey guys,

I've finally decided to upgrade my unlocked & jailbroken iPhone 3GS running 3.1.2 to iOS 4. How do I go about this? Also, for those of you who upgraded - how does iOS4 feel like on a 3GS? Is it snappy enough ?

Should I first get the iOS4 upgrade via itunes, and then run ultrasn0w and redsn0w - in that order or is there something else that I'm missing ? I'm on baseband 05.11.07 if it helps.

If anyone has links to any tutorials/videos that'd be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Do you have SHSH saved through Cydia / locally on your machine for iOS4.0 / 4.0.1 ?

If no, you can't upgrade right now, as Apple has stopped signing anything other than iOS4.1.

And there is no jailbreak / unlock for 4.1.

But it's around the corner.

About iOS4 on a 3GS. It's snappy alright ! And you get a host of new features. Features you will love ! Definitely a worthy upgrade.

Yes. You can use TinyUmbrella. But it will save the SHSH only for the current firmware that Apple is signing. It might be 4.0.2 and/or 4.1.

Download umbrella. Run it. Click on save SHSH blobs. See what firmware blobs get saved. Then click advanced options and select other firmwares from the list for your 3GS. Like 4.0.2 / 4.0.1 / 4.0 one at a time. And keep clicking - Save SHSH.

If the SHSH are saved for other firmwares on Cydia, umbrella will retrieve them and save them locally in User/.SHSH

And it will also display all the SHSH once you click that button.

If you are able to retrieve the SHSH for 4.0.1. Start TSS server and Shift+Restore your iPhone to 4.0.1. You.are.Set.

Hmm, looks like I'm out of luck.

CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone3GS 4.0.2 (8A400) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.

So, does that mean I need to wait until I can upgrade ?

Amaresh said:
Hmm, looks like I'm out of luck.

So, does that mean I need to wait until I can upgrade ?

Were you jailbroken using Redsnow / Pwnage tool before ? And is your iPhone the old boot model ? You might be able to upgrade then. Just might.

Else, Yes, you have to wait for the 4.1 jailbreak.

I m getting the 32gb iphone from market section the one with 23k price.what to look for.

Is it worth the deal..

Not interested to spend over 25k for a piece so iphone 4 is out

Back