Help wanted : K750 problem

siddhesh20

Disciple
i ve bought a new k750 along with sony 1 gb duo pro card and it cannot store more than 120mb of data (any kind of data) so i went to the dealer and got it replaced but even this card cannot store the data more than 120mb

so what can i do ?? is there any rerstiction on K750 in case of data
or is he card duplicate cause i got it for very cheap price (rs 1100/-)

any one of you using 1 gb card please help..

or is there anything wrong with my cell?

Well, I am using a 1gb card in my k750i. Maybe the cards that your dealer have are defective. I also bought one only with 1 month warranty but I paid Rs. 1500/- for it. Rs. 1100/- seems far too low.

Try to check the card in somebody else's k750 and se whether there too it shows the same problem.

Lastly, upgrade the firmware by connecting to SEUS.

@PARAMAN

by what means you are transferring the data into your phone??

i am transferring it directly through the windows explorer

is that a problem??

No, that cant be the reason. I use the same method.

You could try using MyPhoneExplorer a small program thro' which you can upload files to your phone, back up your contacts, messages, call history etc. Google it and you will find it. Its free.

well i tried he same card in my frnds k750 but it still cant transfer the files

and one more thing i forgot to mention that beyond 120mb even the phone is not able to store ne file on the memory card ie not even the photos are saved on the memory stick

so it must be the stick problem rgt??

Could it be a revision thing, as in a firmware upgrade?? Try using a 512 MB stick at the dealers, and see if the entire 512 MB is recognised, and accessible.

According to the August edition of CHIP , there are many duplicate Sony Pro Duo sold in the market . one should look for long staples in the pack instead of short&rounded staples and also the text should be laser etched most of these duplicate items print them .. if its printed , u can either feel its bump or slowly vanishing when touched :p

EDIT: page no.124-125 in August '06 . they also state fake 2GB cards are sold for 2000-2200rs whereas the original ones are nothing less than 5000 rs

@broar94.. actually even fake mem sticks are available in the packaging of the original.. its not that difficult to duplicate the packaging.. read it extensively on a cpouple of forums , wherein the conclusion was that there is absolutely no way of knowing which is the original and which is fake, even the sony guys cant tell you ..

and hm the original 1gb card costs around 8k and the 2gb comes for 12k @ sony world , nariman point, mumbai. comes with 5 years warranty.

so basically almost everyone here uses fakes... and its abt luck..the card may/or maynot last you as long as you had predicted..

anyways as saiyan said. try the mem stick in a card reader.. (any sony viao laptop also would be able to read the card)

try the mem stick in another k750i... or hmm finally chk your phone.. might be a problem with the phone itself?

regardless of duplicate or not, you can simply check to see whether the phone is using a 512 meg stick. I had a friend who had this problem with his K750i, used to work with a san disk 1 gig pro duo and not with other brands... Sony also used to work come to think of it.

wel there is a way to detect the duplicate

eBay.co.uk Guides - FAKE Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo MagicGate Cards Exposed

but in my case it wasnt that helpful because that was actually cofirming that my card was original

but then i checked it with a card reader and it also couldnt use more than 120mb so i got it replaced with a 512mb card but that too has some problems

my phone cant detect it sometimes
disk to phone software cannot detect it most of the times
when i am trying to copy some file the phone gets disconnected most of the time by itelf so i am not able to copy large volume of data on it

so tomorrow i am going to the seller for the last time may be i'll ask for a refund

actually that is one of the guides.. there are guides to differentiate from original and duplicate , of mem sticks available in japan, europe , america etc :(..

basically i think its the price... when sony orignal sells for 8k for 1gb... then for sure the it would be a duplicate if it sells for 1k !!

also now ( i read on some thailand forums), the people who make these duplicates are mfging chips almost similar to the original ones.. so hmm i doubt there would be any way to know a duplicate from an original..

Back