OC & Modding Help : WC Loop

dez

Disciple
Hey guys,

I'm finally ramping up some funds to beat the heat in the upcoming summer. And what's a better time to plan and keep things ready than the wonderful and lovely winters.

Ohk, before I go explaning stuff, here's a diagram of what's going on this little box that's attached to me neck.

image.jpg

Now let me explain this:
1. Blue (cool) and Red (warm/hot) liquid flow paths.
2. R(eservoir) and P(ump).
3. 120x2 (980) and 140x2(i7 K, not planned yet) Rads.

Forgot to add in the image: Just before the cooled-water enters the GPU block, I'll be adding a T-Tap exit, so I can drain the loop as required.

This is the flow I'm planning. The 140s are attached to the front of a 750D and the 120s to the top. Using push-pull on both.

My questions:

1. Should I swap the 120s for a single 140mm Rad in Push-Pull for the GPU? Would that suffice?
Ref: GPU used in Video/3D prod. as well as a shit ton of DotA2.

2. AFIAK, keep the loops short helps with the cooling efficiency of the entire setup. Are these good enough? Is there any space for improvements in terms of the lengths, or am I over-stressing this? (Using soft-tubing).

3. How do taller reservoirs help? I'm planning to use a not so tall one. AFIAK, reservoirs help mostly to keep the pump always well-supplied with fluids so it doesn't burn itself out. Now I've seen setups with two tall reservoirs. How exactly does this help? Or does it not affect the loop's performance at all and is only a safety net for the Pump?

4. Does a horizontally mounted reservoir make the pump mad? If that is a possibility, my setup becomes simpler in terms of positioning things around inside the case.

5. Any suggestions/recommendations on changing the flow paths or positions of elements?

Your routing looks proper :) Don't worry about it :)
Taller reservoir's wont help .. pretty much for the looks :) Any good res with an anti-cyclone fitting will me more than plenty.
Horizontal on the res is not a good idea unless you can practically fill the whole thing up.. otherwise you are going to get constant air bubbles in your loop .

Your routing looks proper :) Don't worry about it :)
Taller reservoir's wont help .. pretty much for the looks :) Any good res with an anti-cyclone fitting will me more than plenty.
Horizontal on the res is not a good idea unless you can practically fill the whole thing up.. otherwise you are going to get constant air bubbles in your loop .

Hey, thanks for taking out some time man.

Res: Makes sense.
Horizontal Res: Oh yes! Totally forgot about that. Vertical it is then.

Would you (or anyone else here, infact) has any experience importing parts? I'm looking at EK-WB and Switftech. Any tips there?

Importing is pretty simple.. the parts come home now.. no customs and crap.. use either a site like myus.com or then order direct from performance-pcs or frozen cpu :)
What are you looking at ? im sure we can help narrow your choices ..
happy building bro :)

Importing is pretty simple.. the parts come home now.. no customs and crap.. use either a site like myus.com or then order direct from performance-pcs or frozen cpu :)
What are you looking at ? im sure we can help narrow your choices ..
happy building bro :)
Thanks. That's good to hear. I've narrowed it down to EKWB. I'll post a parts list soon. They ship to India via DHL for €45 which seems fair for a 3-work day delivery, although I'm not sure if DHL would handle the customs. Any other shipping options I can explore if I go with EK's parts?

I did check performance-pcs but the trouble is thay my expected bill was literally doubling. I'll try another parts build there to see if I can bring it down.

Dhl will handle customs :)
you will have to pay dhl by cheque the duty amount when they bring the parcel to your house :)
cheers !
Nice. Glad to hear that. Now two questions I couldn't find answers for, by the ever so effective method popularly known as : GOOGLING. Could you please help on this:

1. Tubing: I'm sure I can buy 3/8th tubing locally? It shouldn't be too hard, right? I'm going for clear tubing till I get a hang of measuring these by the eye.
2. Coolant: Distilled water from the local chemists store?

Id say get the tubing from there.. its super tough to find quality tube here that will not leech plasticizer into your loop... so yeah.. dont count on finding good tube here.
Distilled water only !! and yep chemist or petrol pump. Look for HTC battery water :)
As for the part list.. love everything.. but get a liang D5 pump.. those things are bullet proof.. have some that have been running 24/7 for 4 years now :)

Id say get the tubing from there.. its super tough to find quality tube here that will not leech plasticizer into your loop... so yeah.. dont count on finding good tube here.
Distilled water only !! and yep chemist or petrol pump. Look for HTC battery water :)
As for the part list.. love everything.. but get a liang D5 pump.. those things are bullet proof.. have some that have been running 24/7 for 4 years now :)
aha! Interesting. Thanks a lot for all your help. Will check out the pump. Cheers. :)

Managed to get me a D5 pump. :D So excited to build this out.

Back