Video help with a CCTV setup

Rivunited

Adept
hey i wud like to know if any1 here is familiar with CCTVs. i wanna buy one for surveillance purposes. i have absolutely no clue about these cameras. so if any1 cud suggest me a camera which i can buy locally and use as a CCTV.

i dont want anything very expensive, a low/mid range CCTV wud be perfect.

PS. any chance i can hook one of these up to my computer?

sTALKEr said:
wat/who are you gonna survey :p
saamne wali khidki?

LOL!!

* Mere saamne waali khidki mein....* :p

hehe..jokes apart..

Ya...me wud also like to know this....

N Ya...I know this thing works...as in ..u can connect it to the PC... u need a tuner card for that...

from wat i know, the cameras are cheap, but the software for recording thees and all are costly, plus the service of these companies who manage survelliance adds to the cost,,,

If ur setup is small, then i suppose it wil be pretty easy...

need jus a single camera setup..

and as far as recording goes, can it be done on the computer? or will it have to be on vcr or sumthin.

u get cams from 450-500 bucks to around 1500 bucks at MK (musafir khana) mkt.Setup is pretty straight forward for a single cam.

U can hook it up to the TV tuner.. audio / video in !!

That's it !! :)

If u got an internal tuner.. u can even record without any xtra expenses !!

For multiple cams.. u also need to buy a timer / swaps cameras at particular intervals !

rajshah said:
u get cams from 450-500 bucks to around 1500 bucks at MK (musafir khana) mkt.Setup is pretty straight forward for a single cam.
U can hook it up to the TV tuner.. audio / video in !!
That's it !! :)
If u got an internal tuner.. u can even record without any xtra expenses !!
For multiple cams.. u also need to buy a timer / swaps cameras at particular intervals !

thx a lot man.. ill go chk out wut all cams are available and see if i can do with them :)

Back