Help with a new build - Mutimedia and Multitasking

Hello once again folks...

First things first : My apologies for disappearing for a month without notice, leaving this thread to stagnate. I had my exams and project work and got totally lost in the flow of things.

Hoping that I'm forgiven, I would once again like to revive my question about which rig to buy. Only difference is that, i WILL be buying this new rig within a week for my upcoming project work.

The other difference is that, the AMD x6 processors are out, along with some new motherboards which do seem interesting to me - but I don't trust my opinions so much. Would love to hear what you have to say.

Bottom Line: Please help me choose a rig for multimedia and multitasking - doing lots of photosohop, illustrator, maya , after effects and also playing lots of Unreal Tournament 2003. :D within a budget of 70K, hopefully including a 24"HD monitor. (Will BenQ 2420HD be a good option?)

Thanks a lot.

Waiting eagerly for your replies.

Hey there ...

Sorry for the very late reply...

I have checked the link you have given and found that for 50k , all I get is a very basic rig.

When I add a HD 5870 instead of 5450 ( In a dilemma if I should do this? ) and increase the monitor to 23", my cost shoots up to 70k.

Besides, the delivery seems to take nearly 2 weeks or more.

kippu said:
1090T athlon x6 > i7 930 no?

yes. at the same clocks the 1055t or 1090t are 1-2 % quicker than the i7 930 in multithreaded apps like 3dmax rendering / cinebench.

i would suggest you go for

1055t + gigabyte 890 ud3h = 19600

corsair xms3 2gb x 2 = 6400, if you have the budget then go for 8gigs.

add a noctua u12pse cooler on the cpu if you plan to overclock = 3700

by going this way u have a lot of money left for the remaining components.

i currently have both i7's & x6's that i am using for 3d & there is no difference in the 2. so considering that the x6 costs much cheaper & runs cooler, i would suggest to go for it

Man this guy is getting ripped by Dell if he even buys that rig + problem is that you can't tweak your system or warranty void etc. etc. Dell Customer service will be the only plus I see

Gaurish said:
If building a rig yourself is hassle for you, you can go for prebuild Dell Studio XPS 7100 Desktop. Its comes with AMD's latest 6 CPU, 6GB RAM,750GB HDD, ATI Graphics etc. looks sleek and sexy too.costs 50k

Link:http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/studio-xps-7100?c=in&l=en
Man this guy is getting ripped by Dell if he even buys that rig + problem is that you can't tweak your system or warranty void etc. etc. Dell Customer service will be the only plus I see

kippu said:
1090T athlon x6 > i7 930 no?
Depends on what kind of apps you use man the ones focused on mre multi threaded bases will off course have a blast on the six cores but gaming not much difference

Hmm.. after much consideration, I think I might end up buying a Dell.

They way I see it , I am getting:

1) X6 1055T

2) 785G Mobo

3) 6 GB 1333MHz RAM

4) HD 5870 Graphics Card

5) Original Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

6) Dell ST2210 Monitor

7) Wireless Keyboard n Mouse

8) Speakers

All for 64k (excluding shipping). Seems like a good buy to me?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Lets say I was to buy an assembled comp of the same config, my price goes up to 72k without the OS (which costs around 6K).

seraph7 said:
Hmm.. after much consideration, I think I might end up buying a Dell.

They way I see it , I am getting:

1) X6 1055T
2) 785G Mobo
3) 6 GB 1333MHz RAM
4) HD 5870 Graphics Card
5) Original Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
6) Dell ST2210 Monitor
7) Wireless Keyboard n Mouse
8) Speakers

All for 64k (excluding shipping). Seems like a good buy to me?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Lets say I was to buy an assembled comp of the same config, my price goes up to 72k without the OS (which costs around 6K).
Well assembled PC has longer warranty period. 3 years for most parts. So better upgrade ur standard one year warranty to 3 years. Plus i think the RAM chips would be value ones and there would be no O.C options in the Branded P.C. IINM.

So if you dont O.C then go for it. You will get onsite service but upgrading the parts might be a tad difficult.

Back