help with bitcomet

I am having trouble using both utorrent and bitcomet.

The thing is that torrents which used to give me good speeds even when i was on a mtnl 590 nu connection have suddenly stopped working after i switched to the new mtnl nu 849 connexion.

I was initially using utorrent but that didnt touch 20 KBps even if its life depended on it, so i switched to bitcomet which i have been using for the last few days. Initially i got great speeds and was exceeding 200 KBps consistently. But for the last few days the speeds have touched rock bottom again.

Am i missing something here, should i keep changing the ports everyday? I have also tried using peerguardian to get rid of useless peers but to no avail.

Suggestions are welcome

*Depends on which torrent site you are downloading from.
*How many seeds are there ?
*Is it only on torrents you r getting a lower speed . Try downloading a 20mb file
and see the speed that u get.

sandy453 said:
*Depends on which torrent site you are downloading from.

*How many seeds are there ?

*Is it only on torrents you r getting a lower speed . Try downloading a 20mb file

and see the speed that u get.

well i usually search for a torrent on torrentz or isohunt coz they give a good list of trackers.

The number of seeds is definitely not the problem here the torrents are pretty recent and are pretty healthy.

Yes i get slow speeds only on torrents, http downloads are just fine.

Could th number of simultaneous downloads be the problem. I am downloading 10 at a time. Initially when i ran just two for a night avg speeds were 45 KBps so i started multiple jobs at once. I have also heard that bitcomet is banned on certain trackers. Could this be the problem?

yup thats true.bitcomet is banned on certain trackers becos it sends improper data sometimes and some cheats are available which allow u to increase ur ratio.best is to use Utorrent or Azerus. Downloading 10 torrents at a time is the problem.Your download speed =sum of the all the upload speed of seeds.
Suppose a torrent has 3 seeds and eachs max upload speed is 10 kb/s.so ur maximum download speed is 30 kb/s(10*3).
I suggest you try downloading torrents from sites such as Demonoid and torrent leech. And also limit the no of torrents u download at a time to 2.You can upload as much as u want.

Back