Budget 51-70k Help with building a PC for a Chartered Accountant's Office

techforca

Patron
Requesting your help to build an Office PC for a Chartered Accountant's Office. Have been away from PC hardware world for a few years now and it's a bit overwhelming now with all the different models of CPUs for the same generation and their compatible motherboards.

1. What is your budget?
    • 51-70k
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel Core i5 12/13th Gen (not sure about the exact model to go for) / AMD equivalent
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard with preferable DDR5 RAM
    • GPU - Don't feel the requirement as it's an Office PC
    • PSU - Any suitable PSU
    • RAM - 32 GB
    • Storage - 512 GB NVME + 1 TB HDD
    • Cabinet - Any basic full tower cabinet
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, planning to get this as the final configuration
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Ahmedabad
    • Open to online purchase
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Browsing
    • Microsoft Office
    • Tally
    • Other Accounting and compliance software
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None
  9. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • None
  10. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. None
  11. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  12. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 11

Prices listed here are just a ballpark figure, check https://pcpricetracker.in/ for accurate prices

₹15K CPU - Intel 12400

₹16K Motherboard - MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI DDR4 (Sorta overkill for the processor but has good quality components)

₹10K RAM - Get a 2X16GB 3600Mhz kit from G.Skill or TeamForce. Choose whichever is cheaper.

₹4K PSU - Cooler Master Bronze (or) Gold V2. I would recommend 550W or even 450W. Check here for more info.

₹6K 1TB Boot Drive - Get anything listed as Mid-Range NVMe from this list. Can vouch for WD SN770

₹5K 2TB HDD - Get whatever is cheaper.

₹4K Cabinet - DeepCool CH370

₹10K Windows 11. You can get it at much cheaper tho.

Total = 70K. Can save ~4K if you get low tier or smaller capacity SSD & HDD.

You don't have to get a new PC for the tasks mentioned. Get a mini PC, which can usually be found for under 20k either in this forum's marketplace or on OLX. It saves space and money and is easy to set up. Even a simple 4c/4t chip is sufficient, like the i3 8100 or i5 4570. Just make sure that it comes with a minimum of 8GB RAM and 240GB SSD.

For a CA firm, reliability is of utmost importance when it comes to IT hardware. Building a custom pc does not ensure high reliability.

It is better to go with a prebuilt from a reputed manufacturer like Dell, HP or Lenovo. Mini PCs will be ideal as they occupy very less space and will look elegant in the office setup.

I would suggest you to go with Intel NUCs. They have a small package and offer very good performance for their unsuspecting size

TLDR: Intel NUCs are the best option to ensure IT hardware reliability.

You don't have to get a new PC for the tasks mentioned. Get a mini PC, which can usually be found for under 20k either in this forum's marketplace or on OLX. It saves space and money and is easy to set up. Even a simple 4c/4t chip is sufficient, like the i3 8100 or i5 4570. Just make sure that it comes with a minimum of 8GB RAM and 240GB SSD.
mini pc is not at all suitable for a CA office. many a times, complex calculations in excel requires multi threaded processing. Similarly certain plugins like hyperion, etc. requires more cpu power to get quick results. It has to be CPU focused PC with 16GB RAM atleast. GPU is not required.

Mini PCs have come a long way since when it used to overheat and thermal throttle causing system freezes and system instability. Most Mini PCs (the reputed ones, none the least) are on par with desktop computers even in terms of gaming performance.

There are certain mini PCs built by Zotac that are more powerful than most gaming laptops and most consoles. MiniPCs these days come with 8 cores, 12 cores and more.

Believe me when I say that MiniPCs are powerful enough for these tasks as I work on one daily with the same usage scenario as OP, and they have been very reliable and robust.

Back