PC Peripherals Help with buying components.

amul_capri

Disciple
I am trying to assemble a new PC (mainly for gaming).
Ive got :
Gigabyte Mobo (P35 series- No SLI)
Crucial 2gb Ram

I am thinking of buying:

1) E4300 - Rs 4900 (Think its much better to buy this then E6320, with the quad core insight!)
2) Cooler (Would stock suffice for 1.8 to 2/2.2 jump? If not, then guess I do have to buy one)
3) Antec 900 Cabinet - Rs 8800 (Maan, this is expensive!! But don't know any alternative (considering, its one of the components you know wont require upgrading in 3 months!)
4) Corsair 620 Watts psu - Rs 7000 (Maybe there is something cheaper that would suffice. Blew my cheapo psu last month, and it took down my 160gb hdd with it. Still licking my wounds!:mad: )

5) 7900gs (Probbly buy it in 2nds, waiting for a decent directx10 card. N please dont say 8800! Thats beyond my budget, and the 8600 got sc@#d in Company of heroes directx10 patch)

Please let me know, if you think something is better than the above. Im not looking to blow out all my cash. Just something that will give me good value for money (Hmmm, the 900 doesnt fit the bill here, does it?:ashamed: ).

Also, if possible, do u know of any shop who would have these in stock (Mumbai).Inquired at Prime Abgb. They dont have the 900 in hand, and require me to visit their office to give an advance and wait for 15 days.

1) E4300 - Rs 4900 (Think its much better to buy this then E6320, with the quad core insight!)

Good buy, although dont jump the quad core bandwagon yet, wait for a new stepping to be released...

2) Cooler (Would stock suffice for 1.8 to 2/2.2 jump? If not, then guess I do have to buy one)

Stock will easily suffice what you wanna do.

3) Antec 900 Cabinet - Rs 8800 (Maan, this is expensive!! But don't know any alternative (considering, its one of the components you know wont require upgrading in 3 months!)

Cant say much about it, if you like it and can spend the amount go for it, also check out the Cooler Master Stacker 830 Evo for some 14k, now thats a cabbie.

4) Corsair 620 Watts psu - Rs 7000 (Maybe there is something cheaper that would suffice. Blew my cheapo psu last month, and it took down my 160gb hdd with it. Still licking my wounds! )

Good choice, its either this or get the Cooler Master eXtreme 600 for 3.6k

5) 7900gs (Probbly buy it in 2nds, waiting for a decent directx10 card. N please dont say 8800! Thats beyond my budget, and the 8600 got sc@#d in Company of heroes directx10 patch)

Good choice again.......

Also, if possible, do u know of any shop who would have these in stock (Mumbai).Inquired at Prime Abgb. They dont have the 900 in hand, and require me to visit their office to give an advance and wait for 15 days.

No comment, not a Mumbaite...

Thanks Deepak.

So E4300 it is. (Not planning on jumping the Quadcore wagon yet, but think this proccy would suffice till the time I eventually decide to)

Cant afford the CM830 (Actually, cant afford 900 as well, but was goin to buy it anyway) The summer was horrible this time around. around 40deg(Felt like 70!). N my PC would shut down after some gameplay. Put in a couple of fans, but dnt really help much.Worked only with the side panel removed. N the 900 looks like it would do a very good job of keeping the case cool(with the top fan n everything).
But if there is something over there that comes close to the 900 (n a hell lot cheaper than Ill go for it)

Cooler Master eXtreme 600 for 3.6k - You think this will suffice for the cabinet fans/2 sata hdd/2 dvd writers/8800 gtx..... and a little bit of ocing? Is this modular? It costs half the price of Corsair and is pretty hard to resist.

Thanks again!

What? Antec Nine Hundred is 8800 RS? I heard it was 5.5k. Which was obviously, wrong.

Too expensive. :no:

Another alternative you can consider is Chieftec. :clap:

Cooler Master eXtreme 600 for 3.6k - You think this will suffice for the cabinet fans/2 sata hdd/2 dvd writers/8800 gtx..... and a little bit of ocing?
This will not be the PS of choice for the expected task. Best to stick to your original choice i.e. Corsair 620 Watts psu - Rs 7000.
CM 600 extreme is not the good coolermaster PSU-Coolermaster do manufacture a superior PSU -called i-Green power which is in price comparable to Corsair.

:) 1. About the cabinet

The antec is overpriced I agree...

But looks wise the chieftecs are very bad(my personal opinion) I saw two of them in Lampo this weekend nad I was dissatisfied...

I know I might be flamed for this but in today's world when so many case makers are coming with so many good looking designs which performs well too..buying the chieftec is not for me...

The black one looked like it is a few hundred years old...

p.s Just my two cents

2. About the psu

Well the corsair 620 is way beyond the coolermaster extreme...

It is a solid psu and the choice of many many people worldwide. If you can afford it go for it for absolute peace of mind.
Actually there was a demo by corsair where it was powering a pair of 8800gtx..
So you can safely use it atleast for a year or a year and half without upgrading
My wish :bleh: :bleh: :

If you can afford it go for both the above.

Note: The chieftec is good function wise cheaper then antec and larger...

So if you are okay with it's old man looks then have a look:p

Chieftec GX-01-B is available for around 4500/- here. The site is a little weird.

CX01
Dunno if its the same one. Anyone has this? Looks decent (Not as good as 900, thou).

So its Antec 900 vs Chieftec GXB then. Apart from looks, would the top 120 fan (and the front two 80..and..think ive lost count here), make a lot of difference, considering 40+ deg room temps.

:) I was talking about the bh series not the gx.

The gx actually is smaller then the antec. See the official specs for both.

In fact the depth of the gx is too short to accommodate a 8800gtx

gx depth :473 cm

900 depth :493 cm (Both from official site)

Since it is a tight fit in the nine hundred I assume it will not fit in the gx

Abt the Antec 900....its a good case....but the build quality aint good.....airflow is excellent. You wont get a CM stacker 830 for less than 14.5k.

Do check out some Coolermaster cases in dat price range...5k-9k.

I had inquired abt the antec 900...Prime ABGB....like a month back and they told me it wud cost 9.5k including tax n wud take 1 week.
I decided to pay arnd 5k more n got the CM Stacker 830 EVO for 14.8k. Wise decision.
CHEERS.

MADSHRIMPS - Hardware Reviews ,Crazy Projects, Modding Tutorials and Overclocking

as you can see though the CM Stacker is all god it still cant beat the Antec 900 case in cooling.:eek:hyeah:

and antec 900 is a beaut man u can look at it all day long.:)

Ferrari = Antec 900 ( Great Looks and Great Performance):clap:

Lamborghini = CM Stacker 830EVO (Macho looks and Good Performance):hap2:

u have to decide. and still 4k is a lot of money i think, but if u are gonna have a 8800gtx (which i dont thing neither worth the money and trouble) then u might wanna consider the 830 EVO. or else the Antec 900 is a great case with cool looks.

thats me though....:bleh:

[OT]

Dont get the Black Version of Stacker Here in India ? ..looks S**Y

CoolerMasterCMStacker830EvolutionReview-jmke-15376.jpg

[/OT]

memnom said:
MADSHRIMPS - Hardware Reviews ,Crazy Projects, Modding Tutorials and Overclocking

as you can see though the CM Stacker is all god it still cant beat the Antec 900 case in cooling.:eek:hyeah:

and antec 900 is a beaut man u can look at it all day long.:)

Ferrari = Antec 900 ( Great Looks and Great Performance):clap:

Lamborghini = CM Stacker 830EVO (Macho looks and Good Performance):hap2:

u have to decide. and still 4k is a lot of money i think, but if u are gonna have a 8800gtx (which i dont thing neither worth the money and trouble) then u might wanna consider the 830 EVO. or else the Antec 900 is a great case with cool looks.

thats me though....:bleh:

Its a bit strange......in dat review.....they got 5 intakes n "1" exhaust on the stacker...wut kinda logic is dat?......the intake:exhaust ratio should always be more even....n on this case 5:1 ??? gobsmacking!!!
Antec 900(stock) got 2 intakes n 2 exhaust..dats 2:2......

They should hav added a high CFM top exhaust fan on the stacker.....dat definitely wud hav brought the temps down in favour of the stacker. Heat always rises....n exhaust shd always b at the top......n there is an option for a top 120mm/140mm fan on the stacker.

In terms of build quality.....antec 900 - stacker 830......its like comparing a sports car n a HUMMER.

As the sayin goes u gotta see it to believe it. I have seen both cases. You just cant compare antec 900 to a Stacker 830. Stacker is in a different league altogether.

CHEERS.

well whats the point of buying a Hummer H2 if one aint going off road?

besides a sports car is fast i mean really fast and cheap.

if one is going for 8800gtx sli with one hella space requirement then 830 EVO might be necessary but if not 900 is more than enough.

and 14.5k for a Case just to Bragg about is not very cool from where i stand.

^^ LOL...Wut was all dat abt?

Dat comparison abt the sports car n a SUV...it was abt BUILT QUALITY.

My point was Antec 900 and CM Stacker 830 evo r in a completely different league altogether......its unfair to compare them.
CM Stacker 830, Lian Li(top end products), Silverstone TJ09, TT Armor 8000......these r quality cases in a different league. You cant compare Antec 900 with those above mentioned cases.

But dat doesnt mean Antec 900 is a crap case......its a good case with very good airflow.

People dont buy CM stacker 830 jus to brag abt its price tag.. LOL.....u get wut u pay for.

CHEERS.

So...Ill stick to the 900 then.
Maybe, would have got the CM830, if this was my first ever build.
But 15k...Whoaaa...
This once looks spacious too...,
ch
but doubt if this is available and even if it was would be around the same price as the 900.

Say, who in mumbai stocks, CoolerMaster and Antec cabinets? Maybe, I could have a look around to help decide better.

Im buying everything this Sat. So still have time for suggestions.
Do keep them coming...they really help:hap2: . Thanks.

^^Even I was looking for that particular chieftec case...but those idiots(arihant) do not stock that case...

Did you see its breadth 405 cm :bleh:

:rofl: :rofl: You can probably put two mbs on both sides

Back