CPU/Mobo Help with Config <20K

the_new_guy

Disciple
hey guys,

Well I have to make a comp or two for my dads office,
I need help with the config.

They will run ubuntu, openoffice and firefox and that is about it.

No overlocking or anything.

Definitely want a LCD 15''

So far this is all i have

LCD 15'' - 8k
RAM 1GB - 1.2K

Wat should i go with C2D or intel? which one?
Thanks

for help

Mohit

Hey new kid on the block,

The LCD option is really bad bro, u can get a Viewsonic 19" WS TFT for 8.9k (go look into deltapage.com) and the ram is available for 950RS not 1200, if the quotes are from ur dealer, be warned.

As far the Config goes...

Viewsonic 19" - 8.9k

1 GB Transcend DDR2 RAM - 1k

160 GB SataII Seagate - 2.25k

Intel E2140 - 2600

Palit N73V - 2800 (it has a great onboard GFX chip too) (get it from the "Dealers Section" - Phoenix)
OR

AMD 4200X2 - 3350

Jetway ATI690G - 2975

Both will give u the same performance with the Intel being cheaper and a tad cooler. the whole config will come under 19k, the 1k for mouse/KB and even speakers. :)

those prices were just my guesstimates.

yaa i saw the Palit N73V and it seemed cool

I dont want to go for a 19'' because all other monitors are 15'' and it complicates stuff in office politics..............might get one for me hehehehe

Thanks allot for all the help!!

memnom said:
Both will give u the same performance with the Intel being cheaper and a tad cooler. the whole config will come under 19k, the 1k for mouse/KB and even speakers. :)
2140's performance =4200+'s Performance ..................LoL...........Thts too too much farfetched....Buddy !!!!!!!

In fact its the 2160 that performs on par with 3800+ or 4000+ in some restricted scenarios...and 2160 costs 50 bucks more than 4200 after th recent AMD price cut ... ;)

sudan_rulz said:
hey ppl want to know dat does Ocing decreases the lifetime of ur cpu???????

does it affects the system in any how??????????

Yes...it does...but how much ..thts depend on your specific hardware.
See..O'Clocking stresses you system...It increases power consumption..it increases heat production , noise .Also since your hardware in running on adrenalin...it's fault tollerence also decreases.So a spike or fluctuation in power might damage more than in stock !

Now make sure that you can supply clean power by installing a powerful enough PSU , Use a Good UPS and AVR , Use specialized cooler for CPU ad ram , and keep the cabinet clutterfree to maintain good airflow...and you can enjou an overclocked rig at minimal risk !

sudan_rulz said:
so u mean to say dat the more the cooler is the cpu
less is the chance of damage

Not only CPU....Keep the whole system as cool as possible !
And the bottomline is "Dont be overgreedy" while overclocking !

U can consider this one:

MOBO

Palit n73v--awesome specs and VFM.

CPU
E2140---around 3000 bucks.

RAM
1GB Kingston 667Mhz.---1000 bucks.

HDD
Seagate 80gb SATAII --around 1.5k.

DVD WRITER

LG H44n ----------------around 1.2k.

CABBY n PSU

Any low cost zebby cabby,
with included power suppy.

LCD

Viewsonic 15 incher -----around 6.5-7k.

This setup will cost u around 18k approx.

If U NOT GONNA oc then get the amd and jetway combo....as u mentioned it is for your dad...who i assume will not OC

1GB Transcend DDR2667MHz=Rs900ish and 800MHz=Rs1200

Jetway AM2692 GDG=Rs2.5k

check this link for all your price querries TheITWares - Buy Computer Hardware , PC Components , Laptop Computers - One Stop for all Gizmos!!... give your dad a decent procc

like a 3800 X2

HDD 80GB makes less sense ...cause 80GB SATA2 is about 1800 and 160GB which makes more sense is about Rs300 more

i have a 40 gb laying around i think i will use that, the use a network storage thingy so dont need local storage.

Thanks allot guys, will let you know how it worked out.

Back