help with MTNL

vishalk

Adept
Hi,

Yesterday due to some reasons i had to format my pc and i installed everything again. In this process i had unplugged the network cable and switchd off my d-link dsl 2730u N150 router. When i finished with install and everything, it was about 2 hours,, when i connected the network cable and switched on the router i find that my connectivity is messed up. My pings to yahoo which used to be btw 260 and 275ms are not 300+ms, sometimes even as high as 1200ms. I am getting packet bosses too. I checked my router my snr is 14.2 and 28.2

I am unable to figure out as to whats going on. Secondly, my download speeds get affected if i have upload on at full speed. I loose speeds badly. Its only when i cap upload to 40k, when i can get full download speed.

Please help all this wassnt the case b4 formatting.

It's too tough to predict anything now .

Could be a temporary issue , just wait for a day or contact CC (the last thing I would do ..) .

Or maybe ask someone using MTNL , if he is experiencing the same .

I had that problem too with BSNL (about 1.5 weeks ago) . I almost broke my head trying to figure out what was wrong , which turns out to be local servers down issue resolved the next day ...

So , my advice is you just wait for atleast 24 hrs .

Another solution you could try is that go to speedtest.net and ping to the nearest Indian server and compare .

Back