Help with my latest phone: Nokia 6210

diffuser911

Disciple
Just thought of creating a separate thread to put up my queries.

I got this Nokia 6210 Navigator from eBay from a new dealer and ended up with a piece of junk. At least in the looks department. Here are the problems I've seen since yesterday:
  1. Cracked front panel near the Navigator LED. How much should a new one cost? Can I get just the front panel and keypad, without the battery cover?
  2. Keypad having signs of the slider's movement
  3. Slider moving a little bit in horizontal direction
  4. A thin strip at the top of the slider's rear coming off and looking ugly. What is that thing??
  5. Camera pics seem quite grainy, at least on the cell
  6. Every time keypad is unlocked, the display turns high-contrast for a couple of seconds before going normal

Perhaps the ones experienced with S60 platform and Nokia in general could help me out here. Also, how do I check the firmware version of the cell?

Thanksss

diffuser911 said:
Just thought of creating a separate thread to put up my queries.

I got this Nokia 6210 Navigator from eBay from a new dealer and ended up with a piece of junk. At least in the looks department. Here are the problems I've seen since yesterday:
  1. Cracked front panel near the Navigator LED. How much should a new one cost? Can I get just the front panel and keypad, without the battery cover?
  2. Keypad having signs of the slider's movement
  3. Slider moving a little bit in horizontal direction
  4. A thin strip at the top of the slider's rear coming off and looking ugly. What is that thing??
  5. Camera pics seem quite grainy, at least on the cell
  6. Every time keypad is unlocked, the display turns high-contrast for a couple of seconds before going normal

Perhaps the ones experienced with S60 platform and Nokia in general could help me out here. Also, how do I check the firmware version of the cell?

Thanksss

To check firmware version, just type *#0000# in the standby screen.
For the other queries, why dont you go to Nokia Care and show them your phone. They will be able to tell you how much a new fascia costs and if the damage is repairable or not.

Back