Budget 51-70k Help with new rig purchase

hey guys im building a new rig this is the config

mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V LX LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

processor: Intel Core i5 3550 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics

Ram: CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 x 2

Cabinet: COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

psu:CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE

graphics card:MSI R7850 Power Edition 2GD5/OC PCI Express GDDR5 Graphic Card

HD:Kingston 64GB SSDNow V100 Series SV100S2/64G 2.5" SATA II Internal Solid State Drive SSD
im new to pc building i need some advice on the following
-where to buy this hardware in mumbai?? im looking for a dealer who gives good price and honors the warranty.
-is my conig good enough for high end gaming??

dude the info I've given is similar to the template the only thing i'd like to add is my budget is 60K and i want to buy this config in mumbai (via online will also suffice) my only problem is that online prices are not regularly updated so therefore im planing to goto lamington personally and buy all the stuff..please if anybody knws a genuine dealer for the products mentioned above please reply.

dude the info I've given is similar to the template the only thing i'd like to add is my budget is 60K and i want to buy this config in mumbai (via online will also suffice).

Welcome to TE friend and I will reiterate @Jakob's point that you fill up that template, these are a few queries that are unexplained by your OP --
  • Do you plan to over-clock OR not?
  • Do you have any computer components that you plan to retain for this build OR not?
  • Are you willing to purchase second-hand products OR not?

The following are what I would suggest.

Intel RIG [non-over-clockable] --
Intel Core i5 3450 ~12000/-
Intel DH77KC ~7000/- OR ASUS P8H77-M PRO ~9000/-
Corsair XMS3 OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 ~3500/-
AMD HD 7850 2GB ~16500/- OR AMD HD 7870 2GB ~23000/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB [64MB cache not 32MB] ~5000/- [OR buy a second-hand drive to save cash]
HP [boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
Corsair TX V2650W ~5800/-
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5000/-
DELL ST2220L ~8500/-
APC BR1100VA-IN ~5000/-

Intel RIG [over-clockable] --
Intel Core i5 2500k ~12500/- [as the Core i5 3570k is only available in decent supply in Bangalore for ~15000/-]
ASUS P8Z77-M PRO ~12000/- OR ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ~10500/-
[rest components same as above]

On Lamington Rd. shops you can look at --
  • Prime ABGB [has an online portal]
  • The E-Lounge a.k.a. The IT Wares [has an online portal]

Other options are --
  • SMC International {Delhi based, has online presence as well as pan-India shipping}
  • The IT Depot {Chennai based, has online presence as well as pan-India shipping}
  • hardwire.in {Pune based online store with pan-India shipping}
  • flipkart.com

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator:
new rig help

Q: What is your budget?

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Monitor - samsung
keyboard and mouse- Logitech
Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - Intel Core i5 3550 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics

Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V LX LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

GPU - MSI R7850 Power Edition 2GD5/OC PCI Express GDDR5 Graphic Card

RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 x 2

SMPS - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
yes ill be using this config for next 3yrs at least

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Mumbai
Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Watching HD movies

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Strategy - Civilization 4
Racing - Grid at medium to high settings
RPG-Witcher 2
Fps-crysis 2

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1280x800

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit OEM

CPU - Intel Core i5-2500k - 13650/-
Motherboard - Asus P8Z77-V LX Intel Z77 - 11400/-
CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-U12DX 771 - 3934/- Or Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO - 2500/-

He is not over-clocking, pray tell me why he needs all this paraphernalia; a -k marked processor, Z77 chipset and third-party CPU cooler?

Also your price-listings for the RAM are outdated by a long shot.

thanks for the info im going with msi 7850 power edition cause its overclocked by msi and they are giving twin frozr IV cooling along with it which is pretty good.Also this GC beets 7870 MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB Power Edition Overclocked Video Card Review - Benchmarks - Metro 2033 :: TweakTown USA Edition check it out.And im not going to overclk cpu. i thought the z77 is latest and it supports 3rd gen processor

also can u tell me is itwares a good dealer and im strictly speaking in context to warranty..and if i personally go to the shop will he give me a better deal compared to online price im kind of reluctant towards online purchase coz the price is not updated on a regular basis.

thanks for the info im going with msi 7850 power edition cause its overclocked by msi and they are giving twin frozr IV cooling along with it which is pretty good.Also this GC beets 7870 MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB Power Edition Overclocked Video Card Review - Benchmarks - Metro 2033 :: TweakTown USA Edition check it out.And im not going to overclk cpu. i thought the z77 is latest and it supports 3rd gen processor

also can u tell me is itwares a good dealer and im strictly speaking in context to warranty..and if i personally go to the shop will he give me a better deal compared to online price im kind of reluctant towards online purchase coz the price is not updated on a regular basis.

You are surely not going to get the same exact card on the streets of Bombay, keep the option of purchasing the HD 7870 open. Also MSi is a II[SUP]nd[/SUP] tier manufacturer much better if you go for a Sapphire OR HIS card if you are buying AMD.

If you are not going to over-clock no need to go for the Z77 chipset based motherboards' a H77 based motherboard will offer you all the functionality and feature-set of the same minus over-clocking.

On Lamington Rd. I have heard that Prime ABGB has the best RMA section so best if you purchase the system from them. I am not hundred percent sure if they will give you a better deal if you go there physically but as you are staying in Bombay I think it will be better if you do the same.

Other options are --

Oops.... just a teeny weeny correction my good pal...... The above are very much mumbai based Office Location - Hardwire.in and I've heard very well about them (if fact the Boss out there is a Linux guru of sorts and always ready to help - personally too). In fact I'm planning to get most of my stuff from there ...... later on this year :sleep:

You are surely not going to get the same exact card on the streets of Bombay, keep the option of purchasing the HD 7870 open. Also MSi is a II[SUP]nd[/SUP] tier manufacturer much better if you go for a Sapphire OR HIS card if you are buying AMD.

If you are not going to over-clock no need to go for the Z77 chipset based motherboards' a H77 based motherboard will offer you all the functionality and feature-set of the same minus over-clocking.

On Lamington Rd. I have heard that Prime ABGB has the best RMA section so best if you purchase the system from them. I am not hundred percent sure if they will give you a better deal if you go there physically but as you are staying in Bombay I think it will be better if you do the same.

I've compared the online prices of ABGB and itwares, itwares seems to be 200-400rs cheaper for almost all components..im really confused.The mobo u suggested is H77-M where M is for microATX there's also another varient H77-V which is an ATX so like whats the diff.From what ive heard ATX is better bcoz of the bigger size the components look less cramped hence better cooling.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Buddy i think u should seriously reconsider your options coz this hardware.in guy is really expensive im looking at a diff of 500-1000rs on most of my component list.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

[/LIST]

Oops.... just a teeny weeny correction my good pal...... The above are very much mumbai based Office Location - Hardwire.in and I've heard very well about them (if fact the Boss out there is a Linux guru of sorts and always ready to help - personally too). In fact I'm planning to get most of my stuff from there ...... later on this year :sleep:
Buddy i think u should seriously reconsider your options coz this hardware.in guy is really expensive im looking at a diff of 500-1000rs on most of my component list.

You should get components from prime abgb as it's a trusted dealer here on TE,About the mobo the Asus ASUS P8H77-M PRO has a M-ATX form factor and no need to go for Z77 chipset as you're not going to overclock.M-ATX mtherboard will give you more space in the mid-tower case so it's better to go for it.Spacing won't be a that much of a problem as i've installed many m-atx mobo's myself.
I've compared the online prices of ABGB and itwares, itwares seems to be 200-400rs cheaper for almost all components..im really confused.The mobo u suggested is H77-M where M is for microATX there's also another varient H77-V which is an ATX so like whats the diff.From what ive heard ATX is better bcoz of the bigger size the components look less cramped hence better cooling.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

I've compared the online prices of ABGB and itwares, itwares seems to be 200-400rs cheaper for almost all components..................

Thanks & definately compare prices from local online resources too ...... It's just that when I last sourced prices on Cabinet's, Hardwire.in quoted the least + he had stocks of certain other things that were not available at Prime & theITwares.

Just a querry for the local's - Does Prime offer discounts if one purchases bulk of one's new-setup from the store itself (online I know that shipping etc add's up to each component's price)? What's good for Mumbai guys is that - online order's are delivered on the next working day itself (esp if paid by Credit Card).

True the ASUS motherboard I have suggested is a µATX motherboard but it is a reliable foundation for your system. If you are still doubtful on this count, you can purchase the Intel DH77KC ~7500/- [tentative, not sure on this price].

These are the advantages of the ASUS motherboard --
  • Well equipped with heat-sinks all around the CPU and MOSFET's area, South-Bridge chipset also sports a small heat-sink;
  • Clean Layout of the motherboard, most µATX motherboards stumble here but this one is an-okay;
  • ASUS UEFI BIOS is much better than any of its competitors --> ASUS UEFI BIOS Review - Introduction - What is an UEFI?.
  • Well established brand in the Indian market and earlier the after sales was horrible, now I hear it has improved a lot.
  • Intel's warranty system is more robust [as far as I have heard].

I think hardwire.in updates its prices regularly and thus they reflect the actual price listings [not sure if inclusive shipping].

Thanks for the heads up @terence_fdes.

Just a querry for the local's - Does Prime offer discounts if one purchases bulk of one's new-setup from the store itself

Talk to @chiragsthakur he helped me source a Noctua NH-U12P SE2 from Prime ABGB. He can definitely help you on this count.

No point in purchasing ASRock Z77 Extreme4 if he's not getting 'K' series processor.

Thanks for pointing it out, EDITED.

I think hardwire.in updates its prices regularly and thus they reflect the actual price listings [not sure if inclusive shipping].

For most products shipping is included in the price
Shipping Terms and Conditions
Surface shipping costs are included in the total price of the products except monitors, cabinets and UPS. Cabinets will be shipped via Surface mode only. Mumbai customers only have to pay a nominal handling charge of Rupees 100 for cabinets instead of the regular prices. The shipping location should be a pincode directly serviceable by TNT/DTDC. Shipping charges are clearly mentioned in the cart when you add a product.........
Special prices for Mumbai customers : Get upto 400 Rupees discount on certain products in the store. Ask an operator in chat for further details.

Lastly..... they do add some taxes at the end of your purchase/cart ....... and btw I am not any agent/advocate/ambassador for hardwire.in :p...... just sorting out things

No point in purchasing ASRock Z77 Extreme4 if he's not getting 'K' series processor,No point in wasting 3k over it,Don't know what OP needs right now,This is confusing because his template says no ocing.
True the ASUS motherboard I have suggested is a µATX motherboard but it is a reliable foundation for your system. If you are still doubtful on this count, you can purchase the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ~10500/- from Prime ABGB.

• Well equipped with heat-sinks all around the CPU and MOSFET's area, South-Bridge chipset also sports a small heat-sink;
  • Clean Layout of the motherboard, most µATX motherboards stumble here but this one is an-okay;
  • ASUS UEFI BIOS is much better than any of its competitors --> ASUS UEFI BIOS Review - Introduction - What is an UEFI?.
  • Well established brand in the Indian market and earlier the after sales was horrible, now I hear it has improved a lot;
  • Availability, should be found in most places. I think ASRock is exclusively imported by Prime ABGB;

Thanks for the heads up terence_fdes.

Talk to chiragsthakur he helped me source a Noctua NH-U12P SE2 from Prime ABGB. He can definitely help you on this count.

True the ASUS motherboard I have suggested is a µATX motherboard but it is a reliable foundation for your system. If you are still doubtful on this count, you can purchase the Intel DH77KC ~7500/- [tentative, not sure on this price].

• Well established brand in the Indian market and earlier the after sales was horrible, now I hear it has improved a lot.
  • Intel's warranty system is more robust [as far as I have heard].

Thanks for the heads up @terence_fdes.

Talk to @chiragsthakur he helped me source a Noctua NH-U12P SE2 from Prime ABGB. He can definitely help you on this count.

Thanks for pointing it out, EDITED.

thanks a lot u guys for taking the time to help out a fellow enthusiast. you guys are awesome.ill let u know how things turn out in a few weeks time.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

You should get components from prime abgb as it's a trusted dealer here on TE,About the mobo the Asus ASUS P8H77-M PRO has a M-ATX form factor and no need to go for Z77 chipset as you're not going to overclock.M-ATX mtherboard will give you more space in the mid-tower case so it's better to go for it.Spacing won't be a that much of a problem as i've installed many m-atx mobo's myself.

The thing is ABGB online site does not have the products im looking for eg processor,GC,cabinet etc but the itwares site has em all.so do u think if i go there(ABGB) personally they'll arrange for the products i req bcoz i just want to buy every thing from one shop so that i hav everything delivered to me at the same time and i can start with the build.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

For most products shipping is included in the price

Lastly..... they do add some taxes at the end of your purchase/cart ....... and btw I am not any agent/advocate/ambassador for hardwire.in :p...... just sorting out things

ok ill check that place out its not very far from my home..thanks for the info

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Welcome to TE friend and I will reiterate @Jakob's point that you fill up that template, these are a few queries that are unexplained by your OP --
  • Do you plan to over-clock OR not?
  • Do you have any computer components that you plan to retain for this build OR not?
  • Are you willing to purchase second-hand products OR not?

The following are what I would suggest.

Intel RIG [non-over-clockable] --
Intel Core i5 3450 ~12000/-
Intel DH77KC ~7000/- OR ASUS P8H77-M PRO ~9000/-
Corsair XMS3 OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 ~3500/-
AMD HD 7850 2GB ~16500/- OR AMD HD 7870 2GB ~23000/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB [64MB cache not 32MB] ~5000/- [OR buy a second-hand drive to save cash]
HP [boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
Corsair TX V2650W ~5800/-
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5000/-
DELL ST2220L ~8500/-
APC BR1100VA-IN ~5000/-

Intel RIG [over-clockable] --
Intel Core i5 2500k ~12500/- [as the Core i5 3570k is only available in decent supply in Bangalore for ~15000/-]
ASUS P8Z77-M PRO ~12000/- OR ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ~10500/-
[rest components same as above]

On Lamington Rd. shops you can look at --
  • Prime ABGB [has an online portal]
  • The E-Lounge a.k.a. The IT Wares [has an online portal]

Other options are --
  • SMC International {Delhi based, has online presence as well as pan-India shipping}
  • The IT Depot {Chennai based, has online presence as well as pan-India shipping}
  • flipkart.com

does the processor affect the performance of GC i5-3550 is 200Mhz faster so thats the reason i was going for it.sry for pestering u with mundane question

does the processor affect the performance of GC i5-3550 is 200Mhz faster so thats the reason i was going for it.sry for pestering u with mundane question

Not by a huge margin, in-fact most processors these days from the Intel stable are almost bordering on the over-powered for their section.

The Core i3 2100 will be easily able to keep the HD 7850 2GB easily. The Core i5 is just to get you the advantage of having --
  • latest generation processor;
  • true quad-core processor [the Core i3 is dual-core with Hyper-Threading]
  • greater efficiency ~80W TDP [quad-core vis-á-vis older Sandy Bridge Core i5's consumed ~95W]

Hope this answers your query, Cheerio!!

Not by a huge margin, in-fact most processors these days from the Intel stable are almost bordering on the over-powered for their section.

The Core i3 2100 will be easily able to keep the HD 7850 2GB easily. The Core i5 is just to get you the advantage of having --
  • latest generation processor;
  • true quad-core processor [the Core i3 is dual-core with Hyper-Threading]
  • greater efficiency ~80W TDP [quad-core vis-á-vis older Sandy Bridge Core i5's consumed ~95W]

Hope this answers your query, Cheerio!!

Another important question windows 7 OEM vs retail version which one should i buy.OEM does not hav windows direct support(which i don't use) and its cheaper.Also i've kind of recently discovered that to OC the cpu is not that difficult so can u tell me which one it better asrock z77 ext4 or asusP8Z77 M pro and also could u suggest a cpu cooler.i was thinking of corsair H100. thanks

Back