help with p990i

amdy

Disciple
hello guys
recently i got p990i.
i have one prob..
while playing FM with cell i cant change my preset FM channels using headphone buttons.... any idea on this..:huh:
in help menu they say that in music player with headphone button playing song pauses.. this happens in music player but in FM also when headphone button used FM also pauses...instead of changing channel...:mad:

NEW VERSION OF FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR P990i IS OUT :clap:

Well, yes..pressing the handsfree button will pause the sound..u cannot change the channel with it..i chnged my hpm70 handsfree with the hpm82..it has got a remote with playback controls and volume...but even it doesnt change the radio channels when pressing the << and >> buttons...:hap5:

hey private ryan... does the HPM 82 headset works fine with P990i... bcoz its not supported as per sony erisscon website... plz let me know in detail whether all thefeatures are supported...planning to buy one..

shashank_r_t said:
hey private ryan... does the HPM 82 headset works fine with P990i... bcoz its not supported as per sony erisscon website... plz let me know in detail whether all thefeatures are supported...planning to buy one..

it works with all phones tht have the fast port..dont go by what's thr on the list..actually when the hpm82 was released, the p990i was included in the supported phones list..but afterwards, they just removed the phone from the list for some unknown reasons..:S Lol..its really true, what they say at the SE forums...SE just treats the P990i like a step son..:p

So yeah, the HPM 82 just works fine with the p990i..no problems at all..the phone evn recognizes the handsfree when u connect it, with a message on the screen saying 'Enhancement connected - HPM82'.......;)

Anish said:
Ryan, how much for HPM82? Does it have a 3.5mm jack?

i bought it from Alfa for 550 bucks....at other places, its available for 750 bucks..;) And yes, it has the same adapter tht comes with the HPM70...only the remote is attached a little way down..between the adapter and the fast port connector... U can use any 3.5mm earphones with it..:)

Roxtin said:
slighty OT but which converter do I need to use my headphones (EP 630) with 6300?

get a Hpm-70 and use only the adapter. It worked out to 350 bux for me.

Saiyan said:
get a Hpm-70 and use only the adapter. It worked out to 350 bux for me.

Arreh how can he use HPM70 with 6300?? :bleh: The HPM70 is a SE handsfree and the 6300 is a nokia phone..:lol: Even if u take out the earphones from the adapter, thrs no way u can connect the adapter to the nokia 6300..:lol:

Roxtin said:
slighty OT but which converter do I need to use my headphones (EP 630) with 6300?

I think, the 6300 has a 2.5mm audio jack..just get the nokia 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter n u r good to go!! :p

Back