Budget 41-50k Help with rig for animation/Vfx

Hrishi_B

Recruit
Hello everyone!
I'm a new member and happy to be part of such an awesome community! Im looking get a new rig for FX/Animation work. I have listed out my Requirements below and am sure you can help me choose the best option. I would also like to add that your advice and suggestions are much appreciated. So, lets get to it then. :)

Q: What is your budget?
50k-55k

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
CPU - amd phenom 9850
GPU - ATI FireG V5600
Monitor -dell st2210

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Monitor - dell st2210
GPU - ATI FireG V5600

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz Intel HD Graphics 4000
Motherboard -ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard OR any compatible motherboard
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 32 GB PC RAM (4 x 8 GB )
HDD - 1 Tb seagate/WD( Need Suggestions.)
SMPS - Need suggestions.
CABINET - 2k max. Good cooling and relatively noise free.

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months

GPU - NVIDIA Quadro FX 2000 PCI 1GB

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Bangalore.

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Vfx/ Animation and Rendering
Watching HD movies

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Desktop - 1920 X 1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

Hrishi_B Go with this-
Intel i5 3450-12k OR i7 3770-18k
Gigabyte B75M D3H-4.5k
G.Skill RIPJAWS Z 4x8GB 1866MHz -18k
Segate 1TB 7200RPM-4.2k
Seasonic S12II 520W - 4.3k
Corsair Carbide 400R -5.4k
Logitech MK200 Combo-0.7k
Crutial M4 128GB SSD-8.2k[If you want]
Since you're not going overclock there will be no use of 'K' series Intel processor.Stick to the rig i've suggested and you'll be fine,Welcome to TE,Cheers.

@ Jakob Thank you for your prompt and detailed reply!
As you pointed out I don't need the 'k' series. So I'll go with the i7 3770.

G.Skill RIPJAWS Z 4x8GB 1866MHz- I would really like to get this but am not sure if it'll be available as a kit here(I couldn't find it online). Guess i just have to go to the dealers and find out.

I have a question about the motherboard though. I was reading that it supports Memory up to 1600Mhz.
If so will the G.Skill RIPJAWS Z 4x8GB 1866MHz be compatible with it?
Also i was surprised that the cost is just 4.5k. While i would be thrilled to have to pay just that much for a good motherboard. I was wondering why some forums have suggested 10-15k mobo's for mid range gaming/ animation rigs.
I would like to mention that i don't mind spending around 10k on a motherboard IF needed, provided it is beneficial in the long run. (As ll be running my PC for long durations for Fx work. )

I feel that the Corsair Carbide 400R is a little over my budget. I was hoping you could suggest something around 2k to 3k Max.

Thanks once again and sorry if my queries are very basic, but i am a noob when it comes to this stuff:)

1. Memory with frequency above 1600 MHz yield minimum advantage if the timings are same. If you get tighter timings its something different. But with the same timings you go for even 2133 MHz, does not make a huge difference but burns a huge hole in your pocket !. Save money and spend it on an SSD. SSD would make a much more noticeable and useful difference.
Kingston HyperX DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) PC RAM (KHX1600C10D3B1/8G) - Kingston: Flipkart.com
If you trust kingston go for these, nice timings, will save some bucks also over those 1866 things.

2. Those 10-15k boards are recommended for overclocking and all that stuff because it needs to be durable, robust under overclocked conditions.
When you are not going to overclock your PC at all, why over spend?.
Cabinet go for NZXT Gamma.

Back