Help with rooting Micromax MMX A85

fshaharyar

Disciple
Please choose thread titles that are as descriptive as possible
Hi Guys,

Remember my previous issue on MMX A85 with stock rom and upgrading it through iGyaan tutorial, which kinda worked for the some time and created a new issue.

Now I have got a new ROM I can't install the Custom Rom on stock mmx rom I rooted the android wih z4root apk but installing the custom rom with CWM rom manager was not a success,

basically what happened was it rebooted and instead of going into recovery it again restarted. So now what I have done is installed the igyaan version but I want to try the new rom

I can't CWM Rom manager without root access....

Before you guys think I did a lot of research on how to root android 2.3.4 with super 1 click which stopped after 2 mins and did not respond now there is another root aps for pc Start One Click Root, it needs adb driver which i dont have looked over the net and bad luck did not find one.

I need an android aps for rooting through android phone like z4root (It only works on 2.2 and lower)

Please help me out guys..... :(

Micromax phones are basically rebranded chinese phones.So instead of searching for A85 driver,try searching for the drivers of its chinese counterpart.

Hi Sarthak,

Did that as well.. its chinese counterparts are K700 and Cherry (Magnum 2X).

I could not found anything regarding this as well. the hardware is same as LG Optimus 2X.

Regards,
Faisal

Hi Alok,

thanks for the effort, I was kinda busy lately.

So I tried your given link and updated the MMX A85, this went back to stock rom.

Please advise....

Back