PC Peripherals Help with VR headset

Greyfalcon

Disciple
Can anyone help me getting some more information on this headset - HP Windows Mixed Reality Headset VR1000-240il (6DU20AA)
I could find no reviews for this model anywhere on the internet. The only reviews I found were for VR1000-127il and VR1000-100 back from 2018 while this one seems to be released in 2019-2020. I was thinking of getting Quest 2 but this one has much higher resolution than quest 2 and also the prices for quest 2 are higher right now for some reason compared to a few months ago.

I am thinking of getting a VR headset for getting into sim racing. So I think the resolution would matter the most to me than any other features. Also, if anyone has used Quest 2, can you please tell me about the experience a bit? Do you think it would be worth it for the extra features you get with it? Do you ever find yourself using the headset alone for some games or videos even if you have a VR ready PC?

That looks like the original HP Reverb (G1). If it is, I don't think it's supported by HP any longer, so it might not be a good idea to pick it up new/now. The newer Reverb G2 model is still supported and is available direct from the HP online store, but is a lot pricier.

I own a quest 2... use it for both flight sims like sturmovik as well as pc and quest games.. trust me.. you will not be able to make out the resolution difference if this is your first time into vr. Also higher the resolution, the beefier your pc needs to be to keep up with high frame rates 90hz.

That looks like the original HP Reverb (G1). If it is, I don't think it's supported by HP any longer, so it might not be a good idea to pick it up new/now. The newer Reverb G2 model is still supported and is available direct from the HP online store, but is a lot pricier.
So is there any official support for Oculus in India though? G2 IS a lot pricier!
I own a quest 2... use it for both flight sims like sturmovik as well as pc and quest games.. trust me.. you will not be able to make out the resolution difference if this is your first time into vr. Also higher the resolution, the beefier your pc needs to be to keep up with high frame rates 90hz.
Ohh. Maybe I'll go with the Quest 2 then. But i'll wait a while before the prices go back to normal again.

So is there any official support for Oculus in India though? G2 IS a lot pricier!
No there isn't any support for Oculus.

I think the G2 has global warranty, so if you can get someone to reach you one from the USA, where it's often discounted, you could save a good amount of money, and have support in India as well (not sure about the warranty registration process in this scenario; might have to reach out to HP support for clarification).

I have two Quest 2s. I use them for both flight sims (like IL-2 Sturmovik, Star Wars: Squadrons, and Wingman) and Quest games. Once you use them for sims, you can't go back. It's just so immersive. I stream through air link (using a Wi-Fi 6 router connected directly to the PC). There is no lag. It's a smooth experience. (I have a very high-end system.)

Playing games on the Quest 2 is also great. Exclusives like RE4 run very smoothly. There are some great games on Quest 2, although you need to find a way to buy them through the store. You will need an international travel card like Niyo Global to shop on the Quest Store. The headset has not been officially launched in India, so there's no warranty, but they are built well.

The prices have gone up because Meta raised it by $100 before the Quest Pro was launched. It won't go back down again for some time. Get the cheaper 128gb model instead to save some cash. The games are expensive too because you pay in dollars. Steam VR is a better bet. You can always stream wirelessly or use the link cable from Kiwi.

Let me know if you need any help. I wouldn't recommend the HP headset.

Last edited:
Any reason for not recommending hp reverb g2?
If would love hear from someone with personal experience.
Hi, I wasn't commenting on the HP Reverb G2 but the headset shared in the link by the OP. Anyway, the G2 is at a completely different price point. Can't really compare the Quest 2 with the G2.

Back