OC & Modding Help with water Cooling

Rivunited

Adept
i have decided to buy a high end water cooling unit for my current pc..
i want it absolutely high end cuz i dont want to upgrade my water cooling system once i upgrade my comp in the end of this year...

i have come up with some stuff... but can u suggest me anything better or more value for money?

my budget is: 25k
i will be ordering all the parts frm the net. plz recommend some reliable site and is it safe to use a credit card or is a debit card safer???

CPU Block : DTek FuZion Extreme Performance CPU Block
Pump: Swiftech MCP355 w/Custom Delrin DDC Pump Top
Radiator: HW Labs Black Ice GTX360 - Blue
Gpu Block: ** no idea **

and im curious if i need water cooling for my ram??
is ther anything tht can be modified on?
Thx a bunch in advance. :D

Riv, those swiftech pumps with the delrin top die fast, so you want to stay away from them. The MCP655 or MCP355 should do. Assuming you get the current highend 8800GTX, get the EK block for it which should cost about $115. Sidewinders don't stock those yet but should be willing to get one from Petra for you, although they're temporarily out of the EK full cover blocks too.

About payment, paypal works well with Sidewinder but shipments could take anything from 3 days (on one occassion) to 3-4 weeks to arrive.

buy the MCP655 without the Custom Delrin DDC Pump Top & buy 2 x HW Labs Black Ice GTX240 - Blue instead of 1 x HW Labs Black Ice GTX360 - Blue

ok so the setup modified to this after comments:

Cpu Block: FuZion Extreme Performance CPU Block ($63.95)

Pump: (after RiO and Udit's input) Swiftech MCP655 12v DC Pump ($67.95)

Radiator: (aftter Udit's suggestion) 2x HW Labs Black Ice GTX240 - Blue (2x $97.95)

Gpu Block: i do wanna upgrade to geforce 8 series by the end of the year... but currently i wanna cool my 1900xtx too... cuz it runs really hot.

Tubing: Tygon METRIC 10mm ID 14mm OD Laboratory Tubing #R3603 (considering ill need 5meters?? :S :S $27.20)

Reservoirs: ( not gonna use these but think ill go with T-Lines... which shud i go for?)

I hope you find space for both those dual rads, you'd definitely require heavy case modding to fit them. A single GTX240 will help you keep the CPU and GPU cool, not sure why Udit recommended 2 unless you were going SLI and cooling NB/SB too :D

You picked the right tubing, but get 8-10' so you don't run out of it in case you make changes to your loop.

About a t-line, well sidewinder doesn't have a ready t-line so I'm building my own t-line with a shutoff valve, a t-barb fitting and a stem tube. While it may not look great, it will play the part ;)

About a VGA block, get the EK-FCX1900 full cover block... if you're upgrading video card soon, get a DD Maze block for now, better temp solution. Sidewinder won't have any of these blocks, but Gary knows the Petra guys so he can get it from them for you.

Rivunited said:
ok so the setup modified to this after comments:

Pump: (after RiO and Udit's input) Swiftech MCP655 12v DC Pump ($67.95)

Radiator: (aftter Udit's suggestion) 2x HW Labs Black Ice GTX240 - Blue (2x $97.95)

Gpu Block: i do wanna upgrade to geforce 8 series by the end of the year... but currently i wanna cool my 1900xtx too... cuz it runs really hot.

Tubing: Tygon METRIC 10mm ID 14mm OD Laboratory Tubing #R3603 (considering ill need 5meters?? :S :S $27.20)

Reservoirs: ( not gonna use these but think ill go with T-Lines... which shud i go for?)

great setup

many people say go with T-Lines but I say for easier coolant change get a CoolingWorksâ„¢ Single Bay Reservoir

for the X1900XTX & 8800 get a Swiftech MCW60-R VGA Cooler with G80 Adapter Kit

as for the dual rads it was a typo get 1 x HW Labs Black Ice GTX240 - Blue instead of 1 x HW Labs Black Ice GTX360 - Blue

thx a lot guys...

RiO, will the EK-FCX1900 be compatible with g80 as well?

Udit, i was thinking of T-line cuz a i was under the impression tht a reservoir can hurt the flow rate.

revised item list:

Pump: Swiftech MCP655 12v DC Pump ($67.95)

Radiator: HW Labs Black Ice GTX240 - Blue ($97.95)

Gpu Block: The Danger Den Acetal MAZE4 GPU / Swiftech MCW60-R VGA Cooler with G80 Adapter Kit

Reservoir: CoolingWorksâ„¢ Single Bay Reservoir ($9.95)

Tubing: Tubing: Tygon METRIC 10mm ID 14mm OD Laboratory Tubing #R3603 10meters ($61.20)

so tht shud be okay rite? and wut order shud the piping be done in?

res-->pump--->cpu--->gpu--->rad--->back to pump??

is the ok or will the gpu run hot??

Nope, that fullcover EK-FCX1900 will not be compatible with G80... as I suggested earlier, if you're surely upgrading GPU later get a cheaper block for the X1900 (Maze4), OR, run it on air for a while and when you get G80 get a good EK or DD block.

Reservoir vs. T-line... hmmm... differences, if any, could be insignificant. I haven't seen any tests between the two, but I've got both because I'm curious to see what difference there will be.

My loop will look like this: pump > dual rad > CPU > NB > single rad > GPU > reservoir/t-line (and yes, back to pump :)). Alternatively, I've thought about building a separate loop for the GPU since I have 2 pumps. To answer your specific question based on that loop, GPU will definitely not run as hot as it will on air.

And if you're getting that res, don't forget to add a couple NPT barb fittings, without which you can't connect the tubes :p

Back